Posted on September 27 2017 by Rod Lloyd
Our tournament continues with a crown jewel of the SNES era. With the Great Palace pulling ahead in our Zelda II poll, we now turn our attention to the 16-bit epic A Link to the Past. This title has an entire light world and dark world worth of great dungeons, so it may just spark a fierce debate in our Best Dungeon contest.
What is the Best Dungeon in A Link to the Past?
A Link to the Past can be considered the true starting point of the modern Zelda game, boasting an engaging story, a thriving game world, and, of course, a collection of excellent dungeons to explore.
Each of the 13 dungeons in A Link to the Past offers a unique setting and theme, creative puzzles that fully utilize Link’s arsenal of gear, and brilliant design that takes advantage of every innovation of the Super Nintendo. The labyrinths of the NES games may not have been very distinguishable from each other, but each one in ALttP established its own unique identity.
So, it’s time to decide the best dungeon in A Link to the Past.Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.
Here’s some important tournament information:
- If you receive a “Failed to Verify Referrer” message and you are logged in to a version of WordPress, try logging out.
- We will post a new game’s voting page each day, Monday through Saturday.
- Voting for each game will be open for exactly one week.
- Every Sunday, we will post a wrap-up article explaining the results of the prior week.
- Once voting pages for all 18 mainline Zelda games have been posted, there will be a two-week break before Round 1 begins.
See you tomorrow!