Zelda Informer Versus: Best Dungeon Tournament – Quarter-Finals – Spirit Temple Vs. Arbiter’s Grounds
Posted on November 23 2017 by Rod Lloyd
The Quarter-Finals of our Best Dungeon tournament continue with a new match-up. As Thieves Hideout and Hyrule Castle clash in yesterday’s poll, we now turn to the best dungeons of Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Two of the biggest heavyweights of our tournament step into the ring in the main event of the Quarter-Finals.
Spirit Temple (Ocarina of Time) Vs. Arbiter’s Grounds (Twilight Princess)
The Spirit Temple is definitely a classic dungeon in the Zelda community, as its intriguing aesthetic, creative puzzles, and fierce enemy encounters are further boosted by the nostalgia many feel toward Ocarina of Time. After a narrow win against the Forest Temple in our OoT poll, this temple had no trouble besting Phantom Hourglass‘ Ghost Ship in Round 1. But victory won’t come so easy this round, as the Spirit Temple is set to meet another series favorite.
In many ways, the Arbiter’s Grounds are a reimagining of the Spirit Temple, as both are desert-based dungeons for their respective games. But for some fans, the dark halls of Twilight Princess‘ desert fortress achieves a much more vivid and engaging atmosphere, with the Poe hunting of Ocarina‘s Forest Temple and the Spinner further endearing the dungeon to those fans. After pulling out a win in the TP poll, Arbiter’s Grounds brought in the most votes of any dungeon in Round 1. But a win in this round might not be so easy.
These two fan favorites are ready to go head to head!
So, it’s time to decide which is the better dungeon: Thieves’ Hideout or Hyrule Castle
Here’s some important tournament information:
- If you receive a “Failed to Verify Referrer” message and you are logged in to a version of WordPress, try logging out.
- We will post a new Quarter-Finals voting page each day, Monday through Thursday.
- Voting for each poll will be open for exactly one week.
- On Friday, we will post a wrap-up article explaining the results of the Quarter-Finals.
- Once voting pages for all Quarter-Finals bouts have been posted, there will be a one-week break before the Semi-Finals begin.
See you in a week!