Zelda Informer Versus: Best Dungeon Tournament – Quarter-Finals – Eagle’s Tower Vs. Stone Tower Temple
Posted on November 20 2017 by Rod Lloyd
Our Best Dungeon tournament has finally moved on to the Quarter-Finals, with eight of the best Zelda dungeons ready to take one step closer to the top spot. We’ve got some whopper match-ups scheduled this week, so let’s get started with the best dungeons of Link’s Awakening and Majora’s Mask.
Eagle’s Tower (Link’s Awakening) Vs. Stone Tower Temple (Majora’s Mask)
Eagle’s Tower earned its spot in the tournament by not only being the best stage in Link’s Awakening, but by being one of the most groundbreaking dungeons in the series overall. The tower’s environmental puzzle-solving and cinematic presentation set the stage for all Zelda dungeons moving forward. We saw Eagle’s Tower defeat Death Mountain from the original Legend of Zelda in Round 1; let’s see how it will fare in this round.
The Stone Tower Temple received the most votes of any dungeon in Round 0, which makes complete sense considering its reputation. The crown jewel of Majora’s Mask exhibited just about every trait of a great Zelda dungeon, so it’s no surprise to see it this far into the tournament. We saw Stone Tower absolutely smash Sword & Shield Maze in the last round. Will its momentum continue in this fresh bout? It’s tower against tower in the first poll of the Quarter-Finals!
So, it’s time to decide which is the better dungeon: Eagle’s Tower or Stone Tower Temple
Here’s some important tournament information:
- If you receive a “Failed to Verify Referrer” message and you are logged in to a version of WordPress, try logging out.
- We will post a new Quarter-Finals voting page each day, Monday through Thursday.
- Voting for each poll will be open for exactly one week.
- On Friday, we will post a wrap-up article explaining the results of the Quarter-Finals.
- Once voting pages for all Quarter-Finals bouts have been posted, there will be a one-week break before the Semi-Finals begin.
See you tomorrow!