Difference between revisions of "Zelda Dungeon Wiki:Featured Article Nominations"
(fixed file nmame)
|Line 48:||Line 48:|
Revision as of 22:02, July 12, 2020
- 1 Process
- 2 Rules
- 3 Currently Nominated Articles
- 3.1 Example
- 3.2 Zant
- 3.3 The Legend of Zelda Dungeons (Second Quest)
- 3.4 Oocca
- 3.5 Marin
- 3.6 Ganon
- 4 Voting Archives
- 5 Currently Featured Articles
An article is nominated here, and the nominator describes why the article is worthy of featuring in short intro which they then sign with their signature. The article should be linked to in the section header. Followed by subsections Support and Oppose. Each section will have a numbered list of people stating briefly why they support or oppose the article. Support and opposition votes count towards a running total, with support votes adding to the total and opposition votes subtracting from it. The initial nomination does not count towards the total. When the article is at positive or negative five points for at least a week, the voting is considered finalized. Anyone can retract their opposition votes if they believe that their concerns about the article have been met.
- Personal like or dislike of the subject is not valid grounds for approving or disapproving of an article's nomination.
- Each person gets vote once for or against each nomination.
- Sign each vote with your signature using ~~~~ and place it at the end of your vote on the same line, failing to do so breaks automatic numbering.
- Using multiple accounts to vote warrants an immediate three month ban on the main account and permanent ban on the alternates.
Currently Nominated Articles
This is an example of a nomination.
- Support votes go here.
- Opposition votes go here.
Staff maintain a total of votes for nomination here.
Zant is one of the pivotal figures within Twilight Princess and I think this page is great representation of both an amazing villain and boss. This specific article includes a lot of information, including his origins, his role in the story and the boss battle, while containing a vast gallery which is complemented by a range of references. If anything this page could probably do with a couple more references and maybe some more info within the trivia section. However, I think this article is adequate enough to be featured on the main page.Justac00lguy 10:35, June 15, 2013 (CDT)
- I've thought about this nomination for a long time. I've carefully read through the page, making sure it was perfect being I supported it. But I believe now it is ready. Although, a couple more references couldn't hurt. Other than that, I'm loving this page. fused_shadows ( |U) 00:32, August 3, 2013 (CDT)
- Looking through the article it seems to be thoroughly created with lots of important information using well-constructed grammar (important to grammar nazis such as myself...), and a nice amount of trivia with relevant images. En Dabuwya (talk) 20:35, November 27, 2013 (CST) 13:36, November 27, 2013, (AEDT)
- Okay, seriously, why haven't I voted for this yet? I swear this is the fifth time or something I've come here to do so... Anyway, this is an excellent page. Images are well-placed and abundant, and it isn't lacking in references. From what I've read, it seems to be written well. It appears pretty complete. I see no reason why it shouldn't be featured, especially considering how long we've gone without a new feature. Heroine of Time (talk) 17:57, December 9, 2013 (MST)
- This page is very descriptive in its content. Plenty of information that took time to compile. The Main Page could do with a rotation in the featured article and featured image, and this one fits the qualities we're looking for. TheDoctor8910 (talk) 20:15, October 19, 2018 (UTC)
If I may, I'd like to nominate all of Second Quest dungeon pages from The Legend of Zelda as a whole. When I found that there was almost no information about these dungeons on the Zelda Dungeon Wiki, I took it upon myself to create them. When I researched other Wikis for information, I again found little to no information about them, which drove me to want to create the best pages that I could. Using the First Quest dungeon pages as a base for formatting, I re-wrote almost all of the information for each Second Quest dungeon page, adding as much information as I could. I played through the game multiple times to collect all of the screenshots, edit them, and also to verify minute details for each dungeon. As a whole, the 9 dungeon pages took a lot of time and effort to create. Along with the fact that this amount of detail for the Second Quest dungeons is hard to find, I strongly believe that this project deserves to be featured, so that many visitors of Zelda Dungeon can be aware that the information is here to be used.Stimpy789 (talk) 23:06, October 20, 2013 (MDT)
- I couldn't agree more. Those pages are great, with excellent content and images. It doesn't matter which one of those is featured, as long as one is. fused_shadows ( |U) 16:53, October 21, 2013 (MDT)
- I'm going to have to say no. We can't just feature an entire group of pages at once. It takes away from any one page and each page should be getting featured on its own merit. As good as the pages might be as a whole, they need to be voted in individually, and that might not go well then because they'd just be one of many in that case. I wouldn't be opposed to a new system to highlight groups of pages for their worth (which would be something interesting that other wikis don't offer), but that wouldn't work here for featured, individual, articles. The way the system is set up just wouldn't allow it. — Emma (Talk) 12:46, May 3, 2014 (MDT)
- I agree with Emma. The concept of the Featured Article is that one article is featured on the Main Page. The other nominations are singular articles. You could nominate the best of the articles, and it wouldn't contradict the idea of the Article Nomination system. TheDoctor8910 (talk) 21:46, October 19, 2018 (UTC)
This page is probably one of the better ones we have regarding a Zelda Race. It has full sections regarding the Oocca's origin, physical characteristics, and in-game relevance. It is also packed with images and references, and has a nice trivia section. It is the peak of a page for Races, and I think it'd be great to have it as a featured article. fused_shadows ( |U) 12:11, January 3, 2014 (MST)
- This page is very well done in my opinion. Lots of information, which is appropriately segregated and it is complete with images, trivia, and references. Oh did I mention this page is about man bird-like people? Yes, this is the kind of quality that our articles should have. Justac00lguy (talk) 13:49, January 8, 2014 (MST)
Marin has one of the most complete pages on our wiki. It contains tons of information that is well-organized and documented, with plenty of references from a wide variety of sources. It is filled with everything that you could want from a wiki page: translations, trivia, a huge plethora of images and artwork, and even non-canon appearances. Although we have already nominated a lot of character pages, I believe this still deserves to be considered. Heroine of Time (talk) 22:36, October 28, 2014 (MDT)
- Yes. I thought this page would have been nominated earlier to be honest. It's very well structured, detailed and well written, a good amount of pictures in the gallery, and tons references. Overall just a really great page on the Wiki. Justac00lguy (talk) 11:25, October 29, 2014 (MDT)
- I liked this one. Just stumbled across it when I needed a page with a lot of references and wow did it have a lot. It makes a perfect example of everything you need to have for a character page. Every relevant piece of information is in there somewhere.— Emma (Talk) 19:20, July 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes. This article is full of information and is well written. It also has great pictures and trivia. I'm surprised that it hasn't been nominated already. ZD Wiki Editor (talk) 05:23, May 4, 2016 (UTC)
Ganon has an extensive and rather detailed page that has yet to be featured. Providing information from every game he appears or is even referenced in, the page doesn't leave any room for a lack of information. The page is one of the longer pages on the wiki, but that just means it has more details. It has graphics to accompany each appearance, and provides many trivial facts. The page definitely deserves at least the acknowledgment of being nominated. TheDoctor8910 (talk) 02:00, October 20, 2018 (UTC)