The Wooden Sword is the first sword Link obtains in three games of The Legend of Zelda series. Because of that, it is also the weakest sword in these games. It has appeared in the Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, and Twilight Princess.
Oracle of Seasons
The Wooden Sword is Link's first blade in Oracle of Seasons and is acquired at the beginning of the game.
On his way to visit the Maku Tree, Link is told to travel west of Horon Village to the Hero's Cave to prove his courage. It is inside this cave that he must make his way through various rooms and puzzles before finding the Wooden Sword.
Oracle of Ages
In Oracle of Ages, Link is given the Wooden Sword by Impa. Shortly after Nayru is captured, Impa wakes up and thanks Link for helping her. She tells him that since he bears the mark of a hero, he must be the one destined to save the Oracle. She confides in him that Princess Zelda entrusted her with the blade of a hero, and gives Link the Wooden Sword.
The Wooden Sword is again the first sword Link receives in Twilight Princess, being his cherished sword at the time. Link obtains the Wooden Sword from Rusl who repaired it and returned it to Link. After receiving the sword, the Ordonian children would like for Link to teach them how to use the sword, so they can deal with the monkeys coming from the woods, who have been recently terrorizing the village. Using this sword, Link can demonstrate all of the basic sword fighting skills the kids give out to him on the training dummy just outside Link's House. After demonstrating the Jump Attack, Link impresses the kids.
This sword remains in Link's inventory until after he rescues Talo, afterwards asking Link to let him "borrow" it. After the Twilight has covered the Eldin Province, Wolf Link discovers the broken remains of the Wooden Sword on the ground. It is from these remains he picks up the Youths' Scent. This scent is used to track down the kidnapped children.
- ↑ "Wooden Sword
The first sword that you will receive is a gift from Ordon craftsman Rusl." — Nintendo Power Twilight Princess Strategy Guide, pg. 25
- ↑ "[Link]'s beloved wooden sword. Use it by swinging [W]." — In-Game Description, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "You got the wooden sword! It was returned to you fully repaired. It's easy to use: just swing [W]!" — In-Game Description, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "You got the wooden sword! Rusl returned it after honing it for you. It's easy to use: just press [B]!" — In-Game Description, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Hey, yeah, that reminds me, you've gotta teach us how to use a sword, too!" — Talo, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "The kids will ask you to demonstrate a few techniques." — Nintendo Power Twilight Princess Strategy Guide, pg. 32
- ↑ "Seriously! Lately these monkeys have been coming out of the woods and playing tricks on us! We want to get them GOOD!" — Talo, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "You'll use a dummy as your target as the kids give you tips on how to pull of each move." — Nintendo Power Twilight Princess Strategy Guide, pg. 32
- ↑ "WHOA!" — Talo, Malo, and Beth, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Oh, hey, neat! [Link]! Lemme borrow that wooden sword!" — Talo, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Talo won't let you follow Ilia until you give him your sword." — Nintendo Power Twilight Princess Strategy Guide, pg. 35
- ↑ "The smell of the Ordon children, which was on the wooden sword that you found in Eldin Province." — In-Game Description, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "By sniffing Talon's wooden sword on the road, you'll pick up the youths' scent." — Nintendo Power Twilight Princess Strategy Guide, pg. 51