The Shadow King
The stage's Giant Boss, Argorok, appears early on but is initially unreachable, engaging in fireball barrages of the Allied Base from the safety of the sky. The player must first use Magic Circles in the West Square & Central Square and, when those fail, seek the aid of the Great Fairy to pull Argorok out of the sky. Once on ground level, its weakness can be exposed by using the Hookshot on its tail.
Following this scenario, the branching paths recombine with The Sacred Sword. Completing all three paths unlocks Zelda (with Rapier) as a playable character in the Wii U version & Hyrule Warriors Legends.
"Lana had saved an unusual girl named Agitha from the Twilight.
To thank Lana for her rescue, Agitha gave her a Goddess Butterfly, an insect that could guide her wherever she wished to go.
A curious Twili named Midna also joined the party for reasons of her own.
The heroes followed the Goddess Butterfly, eventually arriving at the Palace of Twilight.
There they met a terrible foe.
It was Zant, the Usurper King of the Twilight Realm.
Lana and Midna would have to overcome his unnatural powers to complete their task."
- Victory Conditions
- Defeat Zant.
- Defeat Conditions
- Midna/Lana? flees or the Allied Base falls.
- Capture the Lower and Upper Levels
- Capture West Square, and use the Magic Circle!
- Capture Central Square! Use the Magic Circle!
- Lure enemies, and then use the Magic Circle!
- Defeat Zant!
- Playing as Midna, at the north part of the level, just east of the Enemy Base, there is a boulder. Blow it up with a Bomb and open the treasure chest to get the heart container.
Piece of Heart
- Playing as Lana, take control of the West Palace Keep located at the near west part of the Palace. A treasure chest will appear containing the piece of heart.
- After defeating 1,000 enemies as anyone, the Gold Skulltula will appear just to the west of North Palace. It is located beneath a boulder that will need to be blown up with some Bombs.
- After completing the Legend Mode the first time, a second Skulltula becomes available. This requires it to be in Hard Mode and played with Midna. Defeat Argorok while maintaining health of at least 50% and keeping Agitha alive. The Skulltula then appears and is located on the wall by the south entrance to the Enemy Base.