Sets of same-colored, musical-note-
Tadtones are the physical form of the notes to Faron's part of the Song of the Hero in Skyward Sword. Tadtones are multi-colored tadpole-like creatures that represent and produce music. Faron releases several of them into the flooded Faron Woods for Link to collect. Collecting all the Tadtones convinces Faron to believe that Link is a true and worthy hero. This allows Link to learn her part of the song.
Fi allows Link to set Tadtones as a Dowsing target after Bucha suggests it. In addition, the Parella help Link in his quest to collect the Tadtones, giving him numerous hints. All the collected Tadtones form the notes of Faron's part of the Song of the Hero.
Tadtones have oxygen in their bodies, so when Link collects one, it restores some of his air.
- The Tadtones look almost identical to Baby Zora, though with Parella eyes.
- ↑ "As you just saw, I have split the melody you seek among my many Tadtones and I have hidden them around the forest." — Faron, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "You can use that score to figure out how many Tadtones are in each group. Find them, collect them, and bring them back to me." — Faron, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Ah, you've brought back all my colorful little Tadtones. You are indeed worthy of being called a hero. This much is clear. I'm good for my word, so I will teach you my part of the song you seek." — Faron, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "I will calibrate your dowsing ability to locate Tadtones. This capability should prove to be quite useful in your search. However, please note that you cannot use your dowsing ability underwater." — Fi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Tadtones store oxygen in their bodies, so when you catch one, it will restore some of your air." — Parella, Skyward Sword.