|日本語||聖なる盾 (Sacred Shield)|
|Française||bouclier sacré (Sacred Shield)|
|Español||escudo sagrado (Sacred Shield)|
|Deutsch||heiligen Schild (Holy Shield)|
|Italiana||scudo sacro (Sacred Shield)|
|한국어||성스러운 방패 (Sacred Shield)|
The Sacred Shield is a shield that appears in Skyward Sword. It can be purchased at the Gear Shop within the Bazaar of Skyloft, for a hefty 500 Rupees. It only becomes available once Link has defeated The Imprisoned for the first time.
The Sacred Shield's main selling point is the fact that it repairs itself upon being damaged overtime, unlike the wooden and iron shields. However, it is more fragile than the aforementioned shields, needing a lot less damage to break. The Sacred Shield can block all sorts of attacks, including fire, electricity, and curse attacks. Furthermore, the Sacred Shield has the special ability of being able to startle Cursed Bokoblins when they see the shield.
The Sacred Shield can be upgraded to the Divine Shield and the Goddess Shield.
- The Sacred Shield has what appears to be the talon of a Loftwing on it.
Screenshot showing requirements for 1st upgrade
- ↑ 1.1 1.2 "You can buy the Sacred Shield from Rupin's Gear Shop once you begin questing for the three Sacred Flames." — Prima Games Skyward Sword Premiere Edition Strategy Guide, pg. 12
- ↑ 2.1 2.2 "Ahaa! That's a Sacred Shield! As you might surmise from its name, it can handle all variety of attacks!
Fire? Not a sweat! Electricity? No painful zaps! Plus, it will automatically repair itself when it sustains damage!
It's a little fragile, but that shouldn't be a problem for one as talented and agile as yourself!
At a cost of 500 Rupees, it's an investment...but an excellent one! Care to buy it?
- OK! :No, thanks." — Rupin, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ 3.1 3.2 3.3 "You got a Sacred Shield! The mystical power within this shield allows it to repair itself over time. This shield's low durability means it breaks easily, but it deflects fire, electric, and curse attacks!" — In-Game Description, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Even better, its durability regenerates over time on its own." — Prima Games Skyward Sword Premiere Edition Strategy Guide, pg. 12
- ↑ "It is protection against fire, electricity, and evil curses." — Prima Games Skyward Sword Premiere Edition Strategy Guide, pg. 12
- ↑ "Target lock: Cursed Bokoblin This horrifying Bokoblin reanimates after death. Analysis indicates it fears pure, shiny items and will startle at the sight of a sacred shield. It is able to reanimate purely through its hatred of this world...and its attachment to outlandish underpants." — Fi, Skyward Sword.