Risa is a character from Breath of the Wild.
Breath of the Wild
Risa is a Gerudo who lives in Gerudo Town. She is a young woman about to set off to leave Gerudo Town. In preparation, she is taking both of Ashai's class, Voe and You class during the day, where she will learn how to handle situations when dealing with men outside of Gerudo Town. Risa is only taking Ashai's class as a refresh course, but she still has to study.
When Link listens in to the lesson, Risa repeatedly gives answers that are not acceptable, at which Ashai will call her out. When given the scenario where a handsome man approaches you, Risa states that she would casually walk toward him and then strike him with a fierce blow when he least suspects it. Ashai responds that attacking a man like this would be a crime.
In the next scenario, Risa is asked what she would do if she found an injured man lying on the ground. Risa says she would take him and secretly bring him back to her home, nursing him to health. At which point Ashai responds that this might be good intentioned, but that is basically kidnapping. The final scenario is what would you do if a man who you are interested in abruptly engages in a conversation with you. Risa responds that she would grab his hand and twist his wrist until he agreed to marry her. Ashai tells Risa that maybe the two need to talk after class.
Risa lives in a home behind Ardin's mushroom shop. At nighttime before going to bed, Risa will stand and talk to a stick figure human that she has in her bedroom. She practices talking to it, as if it was a man. She tries to hit on the man, giving information about herself, such as how she can make some salted rice balls. She will repeatedly get angry with Link if he eavesdrops on her practicing. She also talks about a man could really hold his liquor and how they turn red when they drink too much, although that doesn't happen to Gerudo as they are already red. Lastly, she talks about meeting a man and wanting to invite him back to her home at nighttime, but can't due to men not being allowed in Gerudo Town, but thinking it might work if they were elsewhere.
Risa never actually goes to sleep, but keeps practicing well into the morning. At 11am each morning, she will head back to Ashai's class.
- In Breath of the Wild, although Risa mentions making "salted rice balls", this does not exist as a recipe Link can make. Attempting to cook Hylian Rice and Rock Salt together with no other ingredients results in Dubious Food.
- ↑ Sav'aaq! To be perfectly honest, I'm only taking Ms. Ashai's class as a kind of refresher course... But I still have to study. - Risa
- ↑ Oh! I would walk casually toward him and then strike a fierce blow when he least suspected it! - Risa
- ↑ Risa... That would be a crime... - Ashai
- ↑ Oh! I would secretly bring him back to my home, where I could help him gradually recover! - Risa
- ↑ Risa... A sweet sentiment... But also basically kidnapping. - Ashai
- ↑ Oh! I would grab his hand and twist his wrist until he agreed to marry me! - Risa
- ↑ Wha... You'd... Risa... Let's talk after class. - Ashai
- ↑ What? Ms. Ashai's class is over, so I was on my way home... Oh, were you interested in taking Ms. Asha's class? I imagine a foreign vai like you could learn something new... - Risa
- ↑ Ms. Ashai teaches a class on the ins and outs of relationship in the world beyond Gerudo Town. She teaches a cooking class, too. Also pretty important for surviving. But I'm exhausted from all the studying... I'm heading home to rest. - Risa
- ↑ Um. Hello. My name is Risa. My favorite food is the salted rice balls my vaba likes to make. I've gotten very good at making them, too. People say they're almost as good as hers, even... Wait, I should say "grandmother," not "vaba." And maybe not "almost as good." Hm? ... Hey! What are you doing coming in here?! It's really rude to just barge in! What? I'm practicing for getting a job in a restaurant, obviously! - Risa
- ↑ I-I was still half asleep-that's why I messed up! Just forget everything you saw! Anyway, I'm g-gonna go to sleep now, so get out of here, will you? - Risa
- ↑ Oh, wow, you really are able to hold your drink, aren't you? I'd always hear Hylians turn pretty red when they've been drinking. Gerudo don't, really. But we're red already, so that makes sense. I wouldn't mind seeing you turn a little red, though... Heheh, that sounded silly the moment I said it... Hm? ... Hey! I already told you not to just come barging in here! It's rude to interrupt someone when they're practicing, you know! Anyway, I'm going to go to bed. Could you leave? Like, now? - Risa
- ↑ Sarqso fro walking me home today. Um... It's so cold at night... Maybe you'd... Aw. I forgot. Voe can't even come in here... Elsewhere, that might have been a good line... Hm? ... Seriously? You again?! How many times do I have to tell you how rude what you're doing is? Interrupting my practice... Geez... And anyway, I'm about to go to bed, so could you please leave? Now? - Risa
- ↑ What? Ms. Ashai's class on relationships is about to start... Oh, were you interested in taking Ms. Ashai's class? I imagine a foreign vai like you could learn something new... - Risa