On Link's way to the Snow Realm in search of the Snow Sanctuary, he comes across this station and its lone Hylian inhabitant, the Rabbitland Rescue Man. This fellow explains to Link that this place is a haven for rabbits; a place where they can get some much-needed frolicking. After making sure Link is 120% devoted to frolicking with the bunnies, he gives Link the Rabbit Net, and explains to him that Link must first catch bunnies in order to frolic with them, as frolicking with someone else's caught bunny is weird. With this Link heads off, in search of rabbits. The rabbits can be found anywhere near the Spirit Tracks, either hiding behind rocks or in barrels floating about in the sea. Link must shoot the train's cannon at the rocks or barrels, then proceed to catch it with the Rabbit Net. Caught rabbits can then be found frolicking around in their respective environment in Rabbitland Rescue.
There are also many rewards that Link can obtain by catching Rabbits and bringing them to the Rabbitland Rescue. The table below shows the rewards and how to get them.
|Number of Rabbits||Reward|
|Swordsman's Scroll #1|
In addition to those prizes, Link will receive 5 Rupees for every Grass Rabbits he brings and 10 Rupees for every Snow Rabbit he brings to the Rabbitland Rescue.
After Link has completed the Ocean Temple, a strange woman in Castle Town tells Link that her rabbit-loving husband has vanished and that she is very concerned of his whereabouts. She asks Link if he knows where he is, and Link can bring her to the Rabbitland Rescue, much to her delight. After she gets off the train, she sees her husband and gets all excited, pondering what to say to him since it has been so long. She proceeds to walk up to her husband and yell at him for wearing that ridiculous outfit and for frolicking with the bunnies, again. She stomps off back to the train, and requests Link drives her back to Castle Town. However, once Link goes to the train and prepares to drive her home, she changes her mind, saying she will stay and try to understand her husband's obsession with rabbits. She thanks Link for the ride, and gives him a Force Gem. This gem reveals Spirit Tracks west of the Forest Sanctuary, allowing Link access to two new Grass Rabbits.
Rabbitland Rescue Concept Art from Hyrule Historia
- ↑ "Welcome to Rabbitland Rescue, a haven for rabbits and their furless friends. There are millions of poor rabbits without a home or human companionship. Here at Rabbitland Rescue, we save these bunnies from the harsh wilderness... And provide them with much-needed frolicking. You are here to frolic with the bunnies, right? [.]Sure am![.]No..." — Rabbitland Rescue Man, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "Let me be 120 percent clear. If your heart's not in it, you're gonna get burned. Are you SURE you want to frolic with the bunnies? [.]Of course![.]Hmm..." — Rabbitland Rescue Man, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "OK, I'm convinced. If you want to join the Rabbitland family, you'll need this!" — Rabbitland Rescue Man, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "Hm? Why'd I give you a net, you ask? Well...because if you want to frolic, you gotta work for it first! I mean, what kind of person frolics with a bunny someone else caught? Rabbitland Rescue takes care of the bunnies you bring in to frolic with. We even frolic with them when you're too busy to stop by! But never mind those little details. Now you know what we're about! Does everything I've said make sense to you? [.]Yeah.[.]I'm lost." — Rabbitland Rescue Man, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "My husband has vanished! Where could he have gone? He's such a gentle man. You should see how he is with rabbits... I hope he's not hurt. Oh, whatever has happened to him? Have you heard anything about where he is? [.]Yep.[.]No." — Rabbitland Rescue Man's Wife, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "Oh, my sweet, sweet husband! I can't wait to see him again! Let's leave soon! I'll be waiting for you at the train!" — Rabbitland Rescue Man's Wife, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "Oh, I'm so happy to finally see my darling husband. Thank you so much for bringing me all this way to meet him!" — Rabbitland Rescue Man's Wife, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "Oh, what should I say to him? It's been so long!" — Rabbitland Rescue Man's Wife, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "HONEY?! What in the world are you doing?! And what is that ridiculous outfit?" — Rabbitland Rescue Man's Wife, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "You've been frolicking with those filthy wild rabbits again, haven't you? I can't begin to understand your obsession with them!" — Rabbitland Rescue Man's Wife, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "I'd like to go home now! Mr. Engineer, would you PLEASE take me back to Castle Town?" — Rabbitland Rescue Man's Wife, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "You know, I think I've changed my mind. I won't be heading back to town. After all, it's my husband's big heart that first drew me to him. Maybe I'm the one who needs to change how I think about things. You've done me a huge service in bringing me here. Thank you so much." — Rabbitland Rescue Man's Wife, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "Maybe I'm the one who drove my husband to spend all his time with rabbits. I'm going to stay here and see if I can't fix things between us!" — Rabbitland Rescue Man's Wife, Spirit Tracks.