Molli is a character in Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom.
Breath of the Wild
Molli is a young Rito who resides at Rito Village. She lives near the top of Rito Village with her father, Harth. She is distinguished from the other fellow Rito children by her pink feathers. She wakes up each morning at 8am and heads over to the edge of one of the platforms, about two-thirds the way up Rito Village. If Link tries to talk to her while she is walking, she claims she is busy, but encourages Link to follow her to hear a story. Molli remains here all day long, gazing out towards the Hebra Mountains. At 9pm each evening, she will head back up to her hut to go to bed. While she is sleeping, Link can wake her up and talk to her, but she feels it's not quite yet the time to get out of bed.
Unlike the other Rito children, Molli moves rather slow and gingerly. Where as all the other Rito children can be seen running up and down the steps of Rito Village.
The Bird in the Mountains
- Main article: The Bird in the Mountains
The first time Link speaks with Molli when she's sitting out on the edge of the platform, she will tell Link a story, which in turn will begin The Bird in the Mountains shrine quest. Molli's grandfather would travel up to a big tree and would stare off to the northwest. There, he would see a huge snow-white birdie with its wings spread wide. He would then fly closer and would see that the bird had swallowed something.
However, that's the only part of the story that Molli remembers as she would always fall asleep at that point. Molli does remember that the tree Grandpa was referring to is high up on the Hebra Mountains and Molli points to the Talonto Peak. She is left wondering what the bird had swallowed.
After completing the quest, Link can return to Molli and speak with her. She thanks him for figuring out the truth about snow-white birdie. This now allows Molli to tell the entire story by herself. Mollie even adds a little bit to the end of the story, about how Link entered the shrine, defeats the bad guys, saved the princess, and they all lived happily ever after.The last bit of the story by Molli didn't actually happen, but does foreshadow's Link's eventual path of saving Princess Zelda. This however, has nothing to do with the particular quest.
Tears of the Kingdom
Molli first appears near the entrance to Rito Village, along with Notts and Genli. They are practicing a rendition of the Song of the Stormwind Ark, which they sing for Link. Afterwards, they run off to perform needed tasks in the Village, with Molli given the task of making Arrows.
After the blizzard Molli can be found in the same area, still coming up with new ideas.
Molli The Fletcher's Quest
- Main article: Molli the Fletcher's Quest
Molli can be found at a nearby general store, where she mentions how her papa said you can use Ice Fruit to freeze enemies. She has an idea for a great invention, but does not have the ice fruit to make it. This begins the Molli the Fletcher's Quest side quest.
Once Link obtains either an Ice Fruit or White Chuchu Jelly, he can give it to Molli who will attach it to the tip of an arrow. She will give Link ten Arrows as a reward, and will complete the Molli the Fletcher's Quest side quest.
- ↑ I'm busy right now... But if you follow me, I'll tell you a story. - Molli
- ↑ I'm gonna go sleep now... - Molli
- ↑ ...Aren't you going to say "good morning" to me? - Molli
- ↑ I'm not ready to say "good morning" yet... - Molli
- ↑ Want me to tell you a story? - Molli
- ↑ Once upon a time... My grandpa stopped at a big tree while he was climbing a big mountain and looked below him to the northwest. When suddenly he saw a HUGE snow-white birdie with its wings spread wide! My grandpa took off flying after the snow-white birdie. And as he got a little closer to the white birdie, Grandpa saw something SUPER important inside its belly! The birdie had swallowed-! - Molli
- ↑ ...I always get sleepy around that part of the story...so I don't remember. - Molli
- ↑ OH! I know where the big tree is, though! It's over there! You see it? Grandpa said he saw the snow-white birdie from THAT tree! - Molli
- ↑ Hmm hmmm hmm... Now what did that snow-white birdie swallow? I can't hear the story from Grandpa anymore... *sniff - Molli
- ↑ WHAT?! You met the white birdie?! What did he swallow? A...shrine? The snow-white birdie wasn't actually a bird? So the white birdie was actually Hebra Mountain! Oh, Grandpa! You always were such a prankster. - Molli
- ↑ Thanks for helping me figure out what the snow-white birdie's important thing was! Even if it wasn't a birdie at all. My grandpa isn't here anymore... But now I can tell the story all by myself! Do you want me to tell you the story again? - Molli
- ↑ I told the whole story by myself! Perfectly! - Molli
- ↑ Once upon a time... My grandpa stopped at a big tree while he was climbing a big mountain and looked below him to the northwest. When suddenly he saw a HUGE snow-white birdie with its wings spread wide! My grandpa took off flying after the snow-white birdie. And as he got a little closer to the white birdie, Grandpa saw something SUPER important inside its belly! It was... A shrine! The hero who found the shrine defeated the bad guys...and saved the princess! And they all lived happily ever after! - Molli