Jiro is one of the Carpenters that appear in Ocarina of Time.
When Link is a child, Jiro can be found within Kakariko Village where he prances around, running between the Well, and the staircase that leads up to the Death Mountain Trail. If you stop to talk to him, he mentions that the Carpenters are working all day long on the various construction projects throughout Kakariko Village. He complains that it will take a long time before anything is done and that the boss works them too hard. At nighttime, Jiro can be found alongside Shiro and Sabooro in one of the houses in Kakariko Village, where he is starving and ready to eat dinner.
When Link is an Adult, the Carpenters venture off to Gerudo Valley, where they are captured and held captive in the Gerudo's Fortress. Link finds Jiro locked in a jail cell, and Jiro compliments Link by stating that he has a lot of guts to get past all the guards. When Jiro is saved by Link, he will comment about how he would much prefer to work as a Carpenter than join up with the Gerudo.
The boss of the Carpenters was hired by Impa to turn Kakariko Village into a true city like that of Hyrule Castle Town. As with most Ocarina of Time characters, Jiro has an identical counterpart working in Majora's Mask Clock Town.
After saving the Carpenters, they will appear back at a tent in Gerudo Valley where Jiro will compliment you on a job well done. The Carpenters will together repair the bridge over Gerudo Valley.
The name Jiro or Jirou is a common Japanese name that means second son.
- ↑ "All day long, we are working on many construction projects in the village. It's going to take awhile before everything is done. Our boss works us very hard!" — Jiro, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "I'm starving! Let's eat dinner, right now!" — Jiro, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "I have no idea where you come from, but you must have a lot of guts to make it past all the guards around here! All of my fellow carpenters are imprisoned somewhere in here. If you can get us out of here, we'll repay the favor somehow! But be careful! There're sure to be Gerudo guards somewhere" — Jiro, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "You're a cute kid! Thank you for coming to save me! I'm Jiro, the carpenter. These women are so scary! I'd rather work as a carpenter than join them! I can't wait to say good-bye to this place! Two of my buddies are still being held prisoner. Will you please get them out, too?" — Jiro, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "I am the boss of the carpenters that Impa hired to improve this village and make it into a true city! But young men these days don't have any ambition... Do you know what I mean, kid? My workers are just running aimlessly around the village, and they're not making any progress at all... Even my own son doesn't have a job, and he just wanders around all day!" — Master Craftsman, Ocarina of Time.
- ↑ "You did so great, young man!" — Jiro, Ocarina of Time.