Horon Village during the Summer
Horon Village is the largest town and one of the central hubs within Oracle of Seasons. Much like Lynna City and Lynna Village from Oracle of Ages, a bulk of the population lives in this central town. Link will travel through Horon Village early on in his quest and will return often as he visits important locations including the Maku Tree and Vasu Jewelers. The seasons of Horon Village are in whack, causing stress on many of the villagers.
Horon Village can be found at the southern portion of Holodrum and is one of the first locations that Link will travel to on his journey. Link first enters the village from North Horon, located just to the north of the Village, as its name suggests. There are two other entrances to Horon Village. To the West, Link will find the Western Coast, and to the East, Link can reach the Eastern Suburbs.
Link first visits Horon Village at the very start of his journey, shortly after Din has been captured by Onox. Impa will send Link to the village to meet with the Maku Tree. Once Link arrives in town, he can speak with the townsfolk, but they do not recognize Link. However, they will point Link in the direction of the Maku Tree. When Link tries to visit the Maku Tree, the gate is closed. The sign in front indicates that Link must first show courage before he can meet the Maku Tree. Link can show his courage by acquiring the Wooden Sword from the Hero's Cave at the Western Coast.
During Link's first journey through the town, many of the villagers will assist him along his way by giving him clues. The man near the Tree Stump and the Painter both advise Link about acquiring a Sword, with the Painter mentioning the Hero's Cave to the west.
Horon Village is completely free of any enemies, which allows the residents of the Village the roam freely throughout, without having to be worried about being attacked. At the center of the village, a Water Fountain can be found. Right next to the fountain itself Link will find a Painter. Unlike the majority of residents of Horon Village, the Painter will stay put at his location regardless of the changing seasons.
Just south of the Water Fountain and the Painter, Link will find the lone Tree Stump located in Horon Village. Next to the stump, the man will explain that seasons of Horon Village have run amuck. Link can use the Rod of Seasons on this particular Tree Stump to change the season. However, Link can alternatively just leave and re-enter the Village, as the seasons will constantly change each time Link reenters the Village.
Next to the Tree Stump, Link fill find a staircase that leads to a Portal that takes him to the land of Subrosia. Link will first need to travel to the House of Pirates within Subrosia before he can hit the lever inside this cave, making for easy navigation between Horon Village and Subrosia.
At the southwest corner of the village, just west of Bipin and Blossom's house, Link will find a Treasure Chest in the distance. The pathway to the treasure chest is blocked off in all seasons, but if Link comes here in Autumn, Rock Mushrooms block his pathway. After acquiring the Power Bracelet from Snake's Remains, Link can pick up these mushrooms. The treasure chest contains 20 Rupees.
One screen South of Vasu Jewelers, Link will find a Mystical Tree that grows Ember Seeds. Unlike in Oracle of Ages, Mystical Trees will only grow certain seeds during certain months. Ember Seeds can only be grown during Winter. Link will need to first acquire the Seed Satchel from the Gnarled Root Dungeon before he can carry Ember Seeds. If Link tries to grab them beforehand, he will burn himself. The Mystical Tree also serves as a warp point. Once Link acquires Gale Seeds later in his quest, he can warp to any Mystical Tree that he has uncovered.
The exit at the east portion of Horon Village, leading to the Eastern Suburbs is initially blocked off by some trees. After Link has acquired the Ember Seeds from the Gnarled Root Dungeon, he will be able to burn these trees down. Link will meet up with Sokra, the traveling prophet who tells Link that his next destination is at the Temple of Seasons.
At the North end of town, near the exit that leads to North Horon, Link will find a young child that talks about the Blast Bloom flower. During Spring the boy can be seen playing with the flower, while he stands near it in the Summer and Autumn.
Just west of the young child, Link will find a woman who farms the land regardless of the season. Early on in the quest she will complain about the weather conditions in Horon Village, but later on, she will give Link some tips concerning Magical Rings.
Horon Village is filled with a variety of shops and residential homes, almost all of which are accessible the very first time Link enters the Village.
- Main article: Know-It-All Birds
The Know-It-All Birds home can be found at the further northwest corner of Horon Village. Inside Link will find 10 Birds that will give Link advice on how to use his basic weapons, as well as information on the changing seasons and the Essences of Nature.
- Main article: Advance Shop
The Advance Shop is located right next door to the Know-It-All Birds home. As its name suggests, this shop is only accessible if Link is playing using the Game Boy Advance. If a Game Boy Color is used, this shop will remain closed. The store is run by Stockwell and he will sell three items for 100 Rupees a piece. These include a Gasha Seed and two Seed Rings. One of the rings is referred to as the Advance Ring and will be appraised as the GBA Nature Ring.
Horon Village Shop
- Main article: Horon Village Shop
The Horon Village Shop is the main shop featured in Oracle of Seasons. Link can purchase a variety of goods, including Bombs, Gasha Seeds, a Wooden Shield, the Iron Shield, the Mirror Shield, and Recovery Hearts. After Link completes Snake's Remains and before he travels deeper into North Horon, the Shop will also sell a Strange Flute, which will become Moosh's Flute. However, if Link previously acquires the Strange Flute from the Subrosian Dance Hall, this Flute will not be for sale. After Link acquires the Member's Card he can reach the Basement shop, where he can purchase a Seed Satchel upgrade and the Treasure Map.
Treasure Chest Game
- Main article: Treasure Chest Game
After all the items have been purchased from the Basement of the Horon Village Shop, the room will transform into the Treasure Chest Game. Link can play this game to win Rupees and rare Magical Rings.
- Main article: Clock Shop
In the center part of town, Link will find the Clock Shop. Despite it being referred to as the Clock Shop, Link cannot purchase any items. Instead, its primary purpose is related to the Trading Sequence. After Link acquires the Wooden Bird, he can trade it to Tick Tock and he will get the Engine Grease in return. Behind the Clock Shop, Link can use his Shovel to dig up a secret staircase. This leads to an empty room, but if Link is playing a Linked Game, he can encounter an Old Man.
- Main article: Vasu Jewelers
Vasu Jewelers is run by Vasu and is where Link first acquires his Ring Box. Link can return to Vasu at anytime to appraise any of his Seed Rings and have them transformed into Magical Rings. Link can also speak with the Blue Snaketo transfer rings via a Game Link Cable or to use the Fortune Link feature. The Red Snake can be used to transfer rings via a Ring Secret.
Bipin and Blossom's House
- Main article: Bipin's and Blossom's House
At the southwest portion of Horon Village, Link will find Bipin's and Blossom's House. Link can travel to this house throughout his quest and can help Bipin and Blossom make decisions concerning their Child. The decisions will have an effect on what type of person the child becomes.
- Main article: Mayor Ruul
Ruul is the Mayor of Horon Village and his house can be found at the northeastern portion of Horon Village. The Mayor has interest in Gasha Seeds and will give him one when he first arrives at his house. After blowing up the wall on the right side of the house, Link can find a second Gasha Seed. Just outside of the Mayor's House, Link will find the lone Soft Soil location in Horon Village.
Dr. Left's House
- Main article: Dr. Left
Dr. Left's House is located at the southeast corner of the Village. After Link has acquires Ember Seeds, he can light the Torch in Dr. Left's house. Dr. Left will thank Link and award him with the Cuccodex, the first item in the Trading Sequence. Link can bomb the east wall to get to the east half of the house. Outside, if the season is Winter, Link can cross the frozen water to reach a treasure chest containing some rupees.
- Main article: Maku Tree
The Maku Tree can be found at the northast corner of Horon Village. In order to gain access to the Maku Tree, Link must first acquire the Wooden Sword from the Hero's Cave, located just west of the Village along the Western Coast. When Link first meets the Maku Tree, the tree is much smaller than its normal state. As Link begins to acquire some of Essences of Nature, the Maku Tree will begin to grow and flourish. As it grows, an entrance will open to the inside of the Maku Tree, where Link will find Farore and the Hall of Secrets. Throughout Link's quest, the Maku Tree speaks to him telepathically, advising him on where to go.
In a Linked Game, there are some additional characters to meet, as well as some additional objectives. In a Linked Game, after Link meets with the Maku Tree, a girl will appear near the water fountain at the center part of town. Link can speak with her to learn the Fairy Secret, which he can then tell to the Blue Prankster Fairy in the Fairies' Woods in Oracle of Ages. This leads Link to acquiring a full Heart Container.
Horon Village during the Autumn.
Horon Village during the Winter.
Horon Village during the Spring.
Horon Village's western exit to the Western Coast during Summer.
Horon Village's northern exit to North Horon during Spring.
Horon Village's exit to the Eastern Suburbs.
Tree Stump in South Horon Village.
Mayor Ruul's House.
The Horon Village Painter.
- ↑ "The seasons are a mess! Winter goes straight into summer... What's going on?" — Horon Villager, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "How long will the seasons stay like this? It makes me so depressed." — Horon Villager, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "It goes from hot to cold in a flash. The seasons are in utter chaos! What will it do to this year's harvest..?" — Horon Gardener, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Please take my message to the Maku Tree in Horon Village. The Maku Tree is the guardian of all Holodrum. Surely he can help." — Impa, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "This is Horon Village! Hey! I've never seen you before. The Maku Tree? Head east." — Horon Villager, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "You cleared the snow! Thanks! You can also use that shovel to dig up treasure. Try it every- where you go!!!" — Maku Tree Gate Sign, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Our guardian, the Maku Tree, stands beyond the gate to the east of town. It's said a hero with a sword will come to speak with him. I wonder if it's true..." — Horon Villager, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Do you know of the Hero's Cave near the Western Coast? The Hero's Sword is said to be hidden there, but no one has ever found it." — Painter, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Lands outside the village are filled with monsters! I'm too scared to go out alone!" — Woman in Horon Village, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "I guess seeing scenery from all the seasons is kind of nice..." — Painter, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "The world seems so vast... Here in Horon Village, the seasons have all run amuck. I wonder if it's the same in other lands..." — Horon Village Resident, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Ouch! You can't carry them like that!" — Link at the Mystical Tree in Horon Village, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Wait, young traveler. I'm a wandering prophet, Sokra. Ahh...I feel it! Spring, summer, autumn, winter! The four spirits are calling you! Make no mistake! The Temple of Seasons is still hidden in this world! If you can find the temple, then pay a visit to the spirits who live there. Surely they can help. Farewell!" — Sokra, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "If you get onto the flower, you can shoot up the cliff, too! It works only in spring when flowers bloom, so I'm getting my fill of it!" — Horon Village Child, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Now it's just a bud, but it'll be a huge flower in spring. If you climb on that flower... I can't wait!" — Horon Village Child, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "This flower is cool! In spring, it shoots you into the air!" — Horon Village Child, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "Do you know of this land's mystical rings? :›Yes ›No Really? Well, my grandpa's wedding ring is enough for me. Well... If you don't wear your rings, their powers won't help you. If you want to know more, go see the jeweler." — Horon Villager, Oracle of Seasons.
- ↑ "I'm Ruul, mayor of Horon Village. Do you have any Gasha Seeds? If you plant one in soft earth, it will grow into a tree that bears nuts! Inside those nuts,you'll find all sorts of things! It's so fun I can't help myself." — Mayor Ruul, Oracle of Seasons.