|Française||Blague marrante (Funny Joke)|
|Español||Chiste Gracioso (Amusing Joke)|
"You learned a Funny Joke! Will you be a big hit?"
The Funny Joke can be obtained from the Comedian within Lynna City in the Present. If Link stops to chat with the Comedian, he tells Link a very bad joke involving chocolate. However, he admits to Link that he needs something to make people laugh, like a fake mustache. Link can then give him the Cheesy Mustache, which the Comedian finds hilarious and, as thanks, teaches Link the funniest joke he knows.
The Funny Joke can be used to acquire the ninth item in the trading sequence, the Touching Book. The Funny Joke is traded to Dekadin, a small boy who lives all alone in a house in Lynna Village in the Past. Dekadin’s House is very dark, and when approached, Dekadin welcomes Link to his troubles, telling Link that he’s so depressed he just wants to laugh and forgot everything. If Links tells Dekadin the Funny Joke, he says it was so funny he forgot to laugh. He also mentions that thanks to Link, he “can be as depressed as I want to be”, telling Link to take any book on the bookshelf as thanks.
- ↑ "You learned a Funny Joke! Will you be a big hit?" — In-Game Description, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Funny Joke Quite a hit." — Quest Status Screen Description, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "So what kinda candy's never on time???�� Choco-late! Isn't that a sweet joke!" — Comedian, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "I need something that will make people laugh. I wonder if a fake mustache would work?" — Comedian, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Give him the Cheesy Mustache? ›Yes ›No" — In-Game Description, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "What a hilarious mustache! It's a riot! OK, buddy, I'm gonna teach you the funniest gag I know! OK... Here goes!" — Comedian, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Who are you..? Well... Welcome... to the darkness of my troubles.�� I'm so depressed... I want to laugh until I forget everything. Then I'd be happy. Hah.............�� ................�� Tell him the Funny Joke? ›Yes ›No" — Dekadin, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ 8.1 8.2 "Huh...�� What's that..?�� Hah.............�� ................�� Oh...�� That's so funny, I forgot to laugh.�� Thanks...�� Thanks to you, I can be as depressed as I want to be... You can take any book you want from that bookshelf..." — Dekadin, Oracle of Ages.