Dr. Borville is the only doctor located in Hyrule in Twilight Princess. He is rude and arrogant, and operates his practice in his Medical Clinic located in Castle Town on the Castle Town West Road. His Medical Clinic is the only noteworthy location on the west road. He allegedly prejudices against any patient that is not Hylian. Even though he treated the ill Ilia, he refuses to treat Telma's next patient, the Zora Prince Ralis due to Zora being outside his field of expertise. He is very snobbish and shifty, and only enjoys talking to wealthy people. If Link enters the Clinic and talks to Borville, the doctor automatically questions whether Link has enough money for an examination.
Sky Cannon Quest
Dr. Borville plays a part in the rather large Sky Cannon quest. He is first involved when Telma gives Link the Invoice and instructs him to bring it to the doctor. Once Link shows Borville the Invoice, he explains to Link that he can't pay it off right now. He starts to explain that if he still had the Wooden Statue that Ilia had, he would have been able to pay it. He explains why he doesn't have it; he dropped medicine on it, which made it stink badly. He says he had put it outside to dry, at which point it was stolen. Using this information, Link can go to the back of the clinic and learn the Medicine Scent from a green spot on the wall, which was likely where Borville dropped the medicine. This scent leads Link to Louise, Telma's pet cat. Louise explains that she did steal the Wooden Statue, but continues to say it was then stolen from her by some sort of skeletal dog beasts.
Once Link has obtained the statue from the Stalhounds, he can show it to Dr. Borville, who exclaims that he doesn't have "the foggiest notion" of what it is, even though he previously admitted to spilling medicine on it.
During the ending credits, Dr. Borville can be seen within Telma's Bar.
- According to the Invoice, Dr. Borville owes Telma 76,480,000 Rupees.
- Dr. Borville claims his hands are referred to by others as The Golden Mitts.
- ↑ 1.1 1.2 "He is the only doctor in Castle Town and spends much time at Telma's Bar, where he has a whopping 76,480,000 Rupee tab. " — Card Description, Dr. Borville Twilight Princess Trading Card
- ↑ "Dr. Borville can be rude, tenacious, and arrogant..." — Card Description, Dr. Borville Twilight Princess Trading Card
- ↑ "I heard...but that quack probably didn't give the child a full exam because he was a Zora." — Castle Town Resident, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "That is a Zora child! This is beyond my expertise! Hmmmph!" — Dr. Borville, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "I'll be honest, lad, it'll cost you a fair bit for an examination." — Dr. Borville, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "If you don't have any money, then you're just a bother! A bother! And I'm too busy for bothers!" — Dr. Borville, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Ah... I've got it! Honey, you go ahead and take this to him. This magic little paper will get that codger talking!" — Telma, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "L-Look! I can't pay this off right now! I can see Telma's hired you as some sort of heavy to strong- arm me, but she'll have to wait!" — Dr. Borville, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Look, lad, if I'd been able to sell the wooden statue that young lady had, I would've been able to get the money..." — Dr. Borville, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ 10.1 10.2 10.3 "But see, I accidentally spilled medicine all over that little carving, which made it stink awfully. I put it outside to dry...but then..." — Dr. Borville, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Well, it was stolen." — Dr. Borville, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ 12.1 12.2 "Yes, I'll admit it...I took it. But then I was attacked by some sort of skeletal dog beasts who took it from me." — Louise, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "That... That statue... Er... Hmm... Hmmmmph! I haven't the foggiest notion what that thing is!" — Dr. Borville, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "It's not that I'm having trouble making money... Not at all! Why, I'm so skilled, they call my hands "The Golden Mitts"!" — Dr. Borville, Twilight Princess.