Curtain of Twilight
The Curtain of Twilight is a Twilight-like substance that serves as the entry point from Hyrule to the Twilight-filled provinces. The curtain differs from the surrounding Twilight, as it bears many strange golden like markings, which could be linked to the Twili. Only members of the Twili are allowed to access the Curtain of Twilight, but they can drag others in with them. Curtains of Twilight only appear across certain sections of Hyrule and prove pivotal in Link advancing through the game.
The first time Link encounters this strange wall of matter, is during the beginning section of the game. After conversing with Ilia in Ordon Spring, King Bulblin charges through and attacks the young hero, Ilia and Colin. Link soon wakes up to find the pair missing. He rushes across the Ordon Bridge, where he encounters the Curtain of Twilight. Unaware of just what exactly he's facing, Link slowly approaches. He is then dragged into the Twilight-filled Faron Province by a Shadow Beast. It is here where Link is first transformed into a Wolf, which was a sign that he possessed the power of the gods.
Link encounters multiple Curtains of Twilight, when on his quest to rid Hyrule of perpetual Twilight, as they serve as the only connection to the shadow filled provinces. When Link nears a Curtain, Midna asks whether he would like to enter, she then uses the power of the Fused Shadow to drag the young hero through, where he proceeds to rid the Twilight of that specific province.
- Only members of the Twili are allowed to access the Curtain of Twilight, but they can drag others in with them, as shown with Link and Midna.
- Strange markings appear on the Curtains of Twilight, which could in fact be markings of the Twili.
- ↑ 1.1 1.2 1.3 "Just beyond that bridge, the land is covered in twilight. Last time, a shadow beast pulled you through the curtain of twilight... But if you want to go that way this time, you'll need the cooperation of someone FROM the twilight... like me!" — Midna, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "In the land covered in twilight, where people roam as spirits, you were transformed into a blue-eyed beast... That was a sign... It was a sign that the powers of the chosen one rest within you...and that they are awakening." — Faron, Twilight Princess.
- ↑ "Hey... Look... The Faron Woods that you know so well... They're now covered in twilight. You might not be able to come back here, but... Do you still want to go?" — Midna, Twilight Princess.