Zelda Dungeon talk:Breath of the Wild Map/Treasures
- Treasures will upgrade from the base item the more of the game you've played. If your item is higher, don't correct it. If your item is lower, correct it. Thortok2000 (talk) 04:28, April 3, 2017 (UTC)
- In my experience, this only affects Weapon, Bow and Shield treasures, not gems or rupees. Happy to look at verifying this on my next play-through though.
- Would it perhaps be better to simply list the type of item (e.g. "Axe", "Claymore", "Sword", "Bow" or "Shield"), except in those cases where the item is 'fixed' and not subject to the observed pattern (such as Golden weapons, for example), rather than the lowest possible result? Might help reduce confusion when people get something different to what is listed on the map (i.e. what has prompted this discussion in the first place). I guess one of the main arguments against this is "it would be a lot of work", but if all of the entries require verification anyway, I don't see it being any more work than would be otherwise.
- Having recently made (and just now manually undone) a dozen edits of "Knight's => Royal" and "Soldier's => Royal" without realizing this issue (I figured these were cut and paste errors by someone working from memory, not that someone had found a lower quality item there), I would love to see this called out more. It wouldn't be hard to just do a bulk edit of the file and changing all "[A-Za-z']+ Bow" strings to "Bow (type depends on progress)" or something like that. Flar (talk) 04:31, July 12, 2017 (UTC)
- Another suggestion - can the interactive map be modified to support footnotes? A bulk edit to all of the bows and weapons could add a footnote designator that automatically inserts text such as "(minimum quality - more advanced explorers might find higher quality)" to the description that pops up...? Flar (talk) 04:44, July 12, 2017 (UTC)
- On a slightly different, but related, note: This 'upgrading' also applies to the enemies you will face, including two of the minibosses (Hinox & Lynels), except for a few specific instances (such as the three Hinox for the shrine quest The Three Giant Brothers and the Lynel on Ploymus Mountain), so a similar discussion might also benefit those entries. AerosAtar (talk) 06:47, April 10, 2017 (UTC)
- If rupees and ore never vary, then the "only fix if yours is lower don't fix if yours is higher" will still apply, because you won't get something that's higher or lower. Regarding bosses, Lynels (with some static exceptions so there's always at least 1 of the lower types in the world) will upgrade. Hinoxes do not. So with Lynels the rule is also downgrade, don't upgrade. Thortok2000 (talk) 17:55, April 10, 2017 (UTC)
- Many apologies! I wish I'd read this before I made a number of edits. I've been correcting a lot of weapons and shields and now should revert the edits. Flar (talk) 03:49, July 12, 2017 (UTC)
The chest at 1.2299|0.8633 only gave me Ice Arrowx10, not all of the other stuff. There were boxes that might have dumped out the other stuff as well, but there was only one chest with one item. Are we documenting boxes as well as chests? Or, alternatively, did I miss a hidden cave underneath the first cave that contains more chests with other items (in which case it should probably have more than a single line entry to show the other chests if they aren't right next to the first)? Flar (talk) 04:39, July 12, 2017 (UTC)
Chests not flagged as Master Mode?
Treasure1063 (10x Bomb Arrow) and Treasure1153 (Phrenic Bow) at the North end of the Forest of Spirits on the Great Plateau (just above Korok Seed 023) don't seem to be there on my normal mode playthrough. Are these chests Master Mode and just haven't been flagged as such so they aren't filtered out when you set it to "Hide Master Mode"?
Same issue with Treasure1040 (10x Arrow) just east of the Ruvo Korbah DLC shrine (South of the Temple of Time).
Same issue with Treasure1095 (10x Ice Arrow) just east of Mount Hylia.
- Hey, thanks for bringing this up. I believe these chests are a part of the One-Hit Obliterator trial on the Great Plateau, as a part of the second DLC pack. I'll see what I can do about this :) - BlackRayquaza98 (talk) 18:56, July 23, 2018 (UTC)
I've come across a couple of other chests out in the world with a similar issue, though I think one of them is actually a duplication due to how the chest is used (1 and 2, used during the Khun Sidajj shrine quest in the Great Hyrule Forest) AerosAtar (talk) 15:25, July 25, 2018 (UTC)