We're glad that you signed up so that you can edit, build, and shape the Zelda Dungeon Wiki! Before you start editing, why don't you check out some of these useful links and read these basic rules?
- Edit your settings. Make sure you have set up your settings to make the wiki work the way you want it. We have a bunch of customizations that we have spent time creating, and we hope that you utilize them to the fullest.
- Please treat all members with respect. We don't want to have to ban someone because there is an issue between our users.
- Use wikicode and link templates when making edits to properly format pages. Use templates often to save on coding everything.
- If you have some questions, instead of sitting around doing nothing, ask our administration team. They won't bite.
- Head to our help page to find some links to helpful pages that will teach you how to do many things on the wiki.
- Read the FAQ to find the answers to a few common questions.
- Please use proper grammar and strive for good edits.
- Always sign talk pages with four tildes (~~~~). This will automatically sign the page with your username and date.
- Use talk pages to talk about edits on pages. Do not participate in editing wars (i.e. editing a page over and over again to make the page what you think it should be rather than what another member thinks) as they are counter productive and will not solve the problem. Use the talk pages like they were meant to be used.
We hope that you enjoy your time here on the Zelda Dungeon Wiki and that you will help us make lots of really good edits. Keep in mind that the administration team will be watching for quality editors to bring them on to our site staff.
Do you have any initial questions? Feel free to ask on one of our staff talk pages.
Thanks again for joining! Can't wait to see you around!
Hi Tippetarius! I had two things I wanted to ask you. First of all, are you a part of the Zelda Dungeon Discord server? We have a text channel there for the wiki that might make communication easier. Second of all, I was curious about some of the edits you've made. I'm pretty impressed by the high quality of your edits, but I'm a little confused by the things you replace at times. The Bunnio's Wife page is the most confusing to me, since it was pretty well-written to begin with but you completely rewrote it and removed the references. In other instances, like the Twilight Princess section of the Iron Boots page, you also rewrote some information that seemed to be fine and removed a couple of points in the process. Is there a reason you did this? Thanks! Heroine of Time (talk) 19:20, May 5, 2019 (UTC)
- I'm sorry for any trouble I might've caused. It wasn't that I saw anything particularly wrong with the articles -- I just thought they sounded a little funny as I was reading them -- in the case of the Iron Boots, specifically, the Twilight Princess section seemed a little unnecessarily informative...I appreciate you reaching out to me about it, though, and I'll happily revert my edits (unless someone else has already done so) if they were made in error. Tippetarius (talk) 00:13, May 6, 2019 (UTC)
- No trouble caused -- I just wanted to consult with you and see if there was a reason! As I said in my previous messages, I think your edits have been really high quality and you've made some great improvements. If you think something sounds funny when reading it, it's completely fine to reword it. I'd just like to ask that you be careful not to remove any information unless it's explicitly incorrect. It's far better to be over-informative than under-informative. And don't worry about reverting your edits; I changed the Bunnio's Wife page back since it was the most dramatic change, but I don't think the Iron Boots edits were bad, they just seemed unnecessary to me. Thank you for your quick reply and I hope you keep editing! Heroine of Time (talk) 00:32, May 6, 2019 (UTC)