We're glad that you signed up so that you can edit, build, and shape the Zelda Dungeon Wiki! Before you start editing, why don't you check out some of these useful links and read these basic rules?
- Edit your settings. Make sure you have set up your settings to make the wiki work the way you want it. We have a bunch of customizations that we have spent time creating, and we hope that you utilize them to the fullest.
- Please treat all members with respect. We don't want to have to ban someone because there is an issue between our users.
- Use wikicode and link templates when making edits to properly format pages. Use templates often to save on coding everything.
- If you have some questions, instead of sitting around doing nothing, ask our administration team. They won't bite.
- Head to our help page to find some links to helpful pages that will teach you how to do many things on the wiki.
- Read the FAQ to find the answers to a few common questions.
- Please use proper grammar and strive for good edits.
- Always sign talk pages with four tildes (~~~~). This will automatically sign the page with your username and date.
- Use talk pages to talk about edits on pages. Do not participate in editing wars (i.e. editing a page over and over again to make the page what you think it should be rather than what another member thinks) as they are counter productive and will not solve the problem. Use the talk pages like they were meant to be used.
We hope that you enjoy your time here on the Zelda Dungeon Wiki and that you will help us make lots of really good edits. Keep in mind that the administration team will be watching for quality editors to bring them on to our site staff.
Do you have any initial questions? Feel free to ask on one of our staff talk pages.
Thanks again for joining! Can't wait to see you around!
Hey Sonicadam132, and welcome to the Zelda Dungeon Wiki! I noticed on the last article you edited (Gossip Stone), you copied the information directly from Zeldapedia. Such activity is not allowed, as we'd rather create our own pages, without directly copying outside sources. Next time you edit this wiki, please use your own info, and not another source's. Thanks, and happy editing. fused_shadows ( |U) 14:43, October 1, 2013 (MDT)
- Hi Sonicadam132, I wanted to reiterate what was said above. Please do not copy from Zeldapedia or Wikipedia. I noticed you did that for the articles you edited regarding Cat, Toru Minegishi, and the A Link to the Past Glitches. You can use these other websites as sources to assure you have accurate information when creating your own articles, but do not just directly copy and paste. Thanks. Mases (talk) 14:09, October 4, 2013 (MDT)
I didn't copy this this tome, but the information is so relevant it is hard to write it different, sorry you thought I copyed and sorry for doing it in the first place but this time I typed it all if it was not relevant I would of changed it, and for the order the order of things is also relevent, (I can't sign on the current devise) --- sonicadam132
- I would suggest simply not looking at those sites unless you absolutely have to. Use your own information that you have gathered directly from the game, or, if you must, from other sources. Looking at the other wikis should be a last resort, used only at the END of writing your article. Heroine of Time (talk) 12:35, October 5, 2013 (MDT)