|Française||Livre Emouvant (Touching Book)|
|Español||Libro Conmovedor (Touching Book)|
|Deutsch||Schundroman (Trashy Novel)|
|Italiana||Libro Commovente (Touching Book)|
"You got a Touching Book! It's a sad story."
The Touching Book can be acquired from Dekadin, a small boy who lives by himself in a small house within Lynna Village in the Past. Dekadin is very depressed, and wishes to laugh until he forgets everything, at which point he'd be happy. Link can then tell him the Funny Joke, which Dekadin says was so funny he forgot to laugh. Dekadin thanks Link for trying to make him laugh by offering him any book on his bookshelf, and Link picks out the Touching Book.
The Touching Book can be used to acquire the tenth item of the trading sequence, the Magic Oar. The Touching Book is traded to Maple, who can be found at certain trigger points within Labrynna. If Link bumps into Maple with the Touching Book in hand, she notices it, and easily identifies it as the Touching Book, saying that she was supposed to take it to Syrup. She hastly asks Link why he has it, and then asks to read it. While reading, Maple lets out random noises, including sobs and tears. After thanking Link, Maple gives him the Magic Oar, saying it's the first one she made, but Syrup never complimented her on it.
- ↑ "You got a Touching Book! It's a sad story." — In-Game Description, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Touching Book A sad story." — Quest Status Screen Description, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Who are you..? Well... Welcome... to the darkness of my troubles.�� I'm so depressed... I want to laugh until I forget everything. Then I'd be happy. Hah.............�� ................�� Tell him the Funny Joke? ›Yes ›No" — Dekadin, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ 4.1 4.2 "Huh...�� What's that..?�� Hah.............�� ................�� Oh...�� That's so funny, I forgot to laugh.�� Thanks...�� Thanks to you, I can be as depressed as I want to be... You can take any book you want from that bookshelf..." — Dekadin, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Hey! That book!" — Maple, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ 6.1 6.2 "That's the Touching Book I need to take to Syrup! Why do you have it? Let me read it!" — Maple, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "What..? Oh, my... ......... Ooo! ........... Uh-wahhh! Ahhh...(sniff) How touching!" — Maple, Oracle of Ages.
- ↑ "Thanks...(sniff) It was good... Take this. It's the first one I made. Syrup never gave me any compliments on it. I'll keep this book. (Sniff!)" — Maple, Oracle of Ages.