Timeshift Stones are large purple stones found in the Lanayru Province. When struck, they turn blue and produce a temporal disruption field, rendering the surrounding area in a past state. These stones are mined by Ancient Robots and used as a power source for both themselves and their equipment. The Timeshift Stones propelling the Sandship is one example of how they are used.
With the Thunder Dragon's permission, Timeshift Stones are gathered from many locations in Lanayru Province, Lanayru Gorge being the first area to be mined. Specialized Ancient Robots dig the ore out of the ground using large claws.
Once gathered from the ground, Timeshift Stones are transported to Lanayru Mining Facility for processing. Here, they are purified into usable power sources before being shipped to where they are needed.
- Main article: Timeshift Orb
Some Timeshift Stones are compressed into portable truncated octahedrons called Timeshift Orbs that were designed to be installed in different places. These appear to be in a permanently activated state and must be moved in order to affect the surrounding area.
The disruption field created by Timeshift Stones returns the surrounding area to the state in which it existed in the past, in addition to recalling objects and creatures native to the past. Robots and machinery, including Armos, Beamos, and Sentrobes used for security measures, are returned to a powered state. Dead organisms such as Technoblins and the Thunder Dragon himself are also brought to life, as are plants, including Ancient Flowers and Deku Babas. Another effect that Timeshift Stones cause is enemies like Ampilus revert to their larval stage when in range of the stone.
Everything down to the terrain is affected by the disruption field, reverting the sand into its original grassy state - or water in the case of the Lanayru Sand Sea. Various gates and doors can be opened or closed depending on which time state they are in.
- ↑ "I am able to confirm that a time shift has occurred within this space. Any impact to the blue stones creates a sustained temporal disruption field in the surrounding area. Readings show that this area is in a past time state." — Fi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "The Timeshift Stones power us, as well as the machines we use, vreep! That's why we have to stay hard at work, zoop!" — Ancient Robot, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Timeshift Stones propel our ship, vweep! That's why we have to make sure nothing hits them, brrzrrt..." — Ancient Robot, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "We got permission from our master, the Thunder Dragon, to dig for Timeshift Stones, vweep. But Master Thunder Dragon is very ill right now, brrzrrt. I'm worried about him, vrrm. At this rate, our master may cease functioning, vweep..." — Ancient Robot, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "This is Lanayru Gorge. Of all the Timeshift Stone mining areas here, this was the very first to be mined." — Fi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Where did you come from, dzzzzt? We're here collecting Timeshift Stones and transporting them to Lanayru Mining Facility. Stay away from the blue stones, zrrpt. They're too dangerous for humans!" — Ancient Robot, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "The Lanayru Mining Facility was where these stones were excavated and refined for use" — Skyward Sword Official Site, Lanayru Mining Facility
- ↑ "This object is called a Timeshift Orb. I conjecture that, unlike the Timeshift Stones we've seen, this device was designed to be carried around and installed in different locations." — Fi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "This is Lanayru Mining Facility. Readings indicate it is populated with electrically charged monsters. Also, I detect the presence of ancient security measures, though they now appear to be in disrepair." — Fi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Target lock: Ampilus egg It is an Ampilus that has reverted to its earliest form of development, no doubt because of the effect of the Timeshift Stone. Even in its current state, it retains the ability to generate powerful electrical current at regular intervals. My analysis indicates that you can hit it with your sword when it is not generating electricity. Also, you can carry it with the Hook Beetle." — Fi, Skyward Sword.