- This article is about the orb that restores land to its past state. For the stone that restores land to its past state, see Timeshift Stone.
To restore the Past
Timeshift Orbs are, unlike Timeshift Stones, portable ancient devices used to restore land to its past form, and were first introduced in Skyward Sword. Timeshift Orbs cover a much smaller radius when compared to its stone variant, but still serves the same purpose. If Link, while carrying one of these orbs, encounters an enemy's skeleton, the enemy reanimates and attacks the hero. Link cannot attack with the orb in hand, so he must place it down in order to fight.
Link first encounters this object within the Pirate Stronghold. He must traverse through the area, and eventually reach a pedestal in which he must place the orb in. Once he has done so, Fi will inform Link that there has been a change to the structure, and soon becomes aware of a nearby shipwreck. She uses this information for Dowsing. As the story progresses, and Link has revealed the entrance to Sky Keep, he comes across a room that is highly inspired by the Lanayru Province, specifically the Lanayru Mining Facility and the Sandship. It is there where he must solve puzzles with the use of a Timeshift Orb.
- ↑ "This object is called a Timeshift Orb. I conjecture that, unlike the Timeshift Stones we've seen, this device was designed to be carried around and installed in different locations." — Fi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "When ancient monsters enter the Timeshift Orb's area of effect, there is a 95% probability that they will reanimate and immediately attack you." — Fi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "When ancient monsters enter the Timeshift Orb's area of effect, there is a danger they will reanimate and immediately attack you. If this occurs while transporting the Timeshift Orb, put the orb down and ready yourself for battle as quickly as possible." — Fi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "A report, Master. The power of the Timeshift Orb appears to have caused a change in this structure. I recommend going outside to further assess the situation." — Fi, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "This is one section of Sky Keep. The remains of ancient monsters are scattered around this area. I recommend careful attention to your surroundings while transporting the Timeshift Orb." — Fi, Skyward Sword.