The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Manga)
18 x 13 x 2.2 cm
This is the official manga for The Minish Cap. It is written and illustrated by Akira Himekawa, the same artist who made many of the other Zelda mangas. It is in black and white with some pretty nicely illustrated drawings. The story more or less follows the same story as the game other than a few slight differences.
This manga was released in Japan on January 27, 2006. An English adaptation of this manga was released by Viz Media on December 1, 2009 as Volume 8 of their Zelda comic series. This manga also was serialized in Tentou Mushi Special magazine.
- Zelda no Densetsu: Fushigi no Boushi (Japanese)
- ゼルダの伝説 ふしぎのぼうし (Japanese)
On the day of the Picori Festival, Link and Princess Zelda go to watch the sword-fighting tournament. The winner is a strange man named Vaati, who has come to claim the Light Force which is sealed within the Bound Chest. When the Light Force turns up missing, Vaati turns Princess Zelda to stone! To save his friend, Link needs the power of the Picori Blade, but only a certain master swordsmith can reforge it. Can Link find the pieces of the broken sword before Vaati does?
- "Link and Vaati"
- "Shrunken Link"
- "Link and the Mountain Picori"
- "Ezlo and Vaati"
- "The Wind People and the King"
- "True Strength"
- "Vaati During Training" (Bonus Chapter)
Differences Between the Game and the Manga
- Link doesn't enter the Fortress of Winds, Temple of Droplets, or Palace of Winds.
- Link doesn't fight the Big Green ChuChu.
- Link has help in the Deepwood Shrine and Cave of Flames.
- Picori are found in the Temple of Droplets at a Dragonfly concert.
- The history of Melari is revealed.
- Link never uses his sword's ability to create 2, 3, or 4 Links as he does in the game.
- Vaati is only shown in two forms, his "True Demon" form and a corrupted version of it that resembles his Four Swords version.
- When Vaati is defeated he returns to his Minish form and breaks the curse on Ezlo.
- Vaati and Ezlo reconcile and return to the Minish world.