Article misses the point
I think that this article is about a group of races and not about a single race. It features humanoid races (like the Gerudo) and not the Human race, so I think we should move or delete this article (as it is now). -- Tael 14:02, November 27, 2012 (CST)
- I am not much of a fan of this page either, as "human" is an in-universe descriptor and the Zelda Series is a work of fiction. Also, since no offical documentation/game from nintendo refers to any non-hylian as human, then having this page as-is may be abit off, although I don't exactly know what should be done with every single hyperlink that direct to this page. Abc2VE 15:29, November 27, 2012 (CST)abc2VE
"Ganon... This beast was once of the Gerudo... Once human. He was called Ganondorf! King of Darkness, ancient demon reborn. The wielder of the trident!!"
"He sees that Link is human with one look. He's a bit of a human enthusiast."
""Yes, we are humans. We have neither the power of spirits nor demons. But when we combine our strength...No one can defeat us!""
- If this doesn't convince you, I could pull more quotes up. I think that Humans are just a broad umbrella of the races. --☺Odd300☺ 17:36, November 27, 2012 (CST)
"As you may have observed during your time as one, human beings are not a species that can stay underwater for long periods of time."
"...... You are Hylian? No? I speak a little Hylian. You understand me?"
- "human" appears 97 times in SS, referring to Hylia's people, including Link. TP uses it 107 times, referring to Link both as a human and as a Hylian. MM refers to humans, including Link who is certainly a Hylian in that game. On the flip side, LttP speaks of humans who are not Hylians. I think the series generally refers to humans as any humanoid species to which the audience is supposed to relate. "Human" is a species, while Hylian and Gerudo are races or tribes (evidenced by Gerudo women finding Hylian boyfriends in OoT). TP uses "return to your human form" as a contrast to the "wolf form" or "beast form". So I agree with the article as-is, provided it uses citations where needed. As for the many pages linking to this page, these are humans that don't fall into specific races like Hylian. By my logic, technically all Hylians could be considered humans, but we should list a race when possible, only using "human" as a fall-back. << Locke(T·C) >> 19:52, November 27, 2012 (CST)
- I wonder if the meaning of the word "Human" has changed over time. This would explain, why it is so confusing to see what is meant exactly.
- About the quotes up there: So the Zoras are no Humans, but the Gerudo are... -- Tael 12:49, November 28, 2012 (CST)
- Yes, Zoras are not humans. Here are the "confirmed" human races: Gerudo, Hylians, and "Round-eared" Humans. The Wind Tribe in The Minish Cap, the Sheikah, and the Ho Ho Tribe are the races that are speculated to be humans. --☺Odd300☺ 15:49, November 28, 2012 (CST)