Mountain Town of Darunia
The Mountain Town of Darunia is a town found in northeast Hyrule amongst the mountains in The Adventure of Link. This village, like the Water Town of Saria, is infested with the Eyes of Ganon, meaning conversations with common villagers once again are potentially hazardous.
Speaking to a distressed woman, Link is told of a Kidnapped Child. A successful rescue will earn him the Reflect Spell, a necessary tool in the Maze Island Palace. Link also learns of the presence of a Hyrulean Knight like the one he encountered in Mido.
Conversing with other inhabitants of Darunia yields a fresh set of clues including a potential solution for the River Devil south of Nabooru, and a secret passage within a palace. Inspecting a table in one of the houses reveals the location of the Palace on the Sea.
- Main article: Reflect Spell
In front of the Wise Man's house, Link meets the mother of a kidnapped child, who has been hidden away in Maze Island. With the child returned safely, the grateful woman permits Link to see the Wise Man, who teaches him the Reflect Spell.
- Main article: Upward Thrust
A boy informs Link that a powerful knight resides somewhere in Darunia. Inspecting the door of a nearby house reveals that someone is inside, but there is no way through. Undeterred, Link makes his way along the rooftops with the aid of the Jump Spell and enters the home via the chimney. The knight found inside teaches him Upward Thrust.
- ↑ "RESCUE THE KIDNAPPED CHILD ON THE ISLAND" — Kidnapped Child's Mother, The Adventure of Link.
- ↑ "A POWERFUL KNIGHT LIVES IN THIS TOWN.", The Adventure of Link.
- ↑ "THE DEVIL DOES NOT LIKE NOISE", The Adventure of Link.
- ↑ "THE PALACE HAS A FALSE WALL", The Adventure of Link.
- ↑ "IT IS SAID THE EAST OF NABOORU HAS...", The Adventure of Link.
- ↑ "THERE IS SOMEONE BEHIND THE DOOR!", The Adventure of Link.
- ↑ "We named them after towns in The Adventure of Link so it would appear that the towns had been named after them." — Eiji Aonuma, Nintendo Power, November 2008