Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition
The Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition is an event in Breath of the Wild.
Breath of the Wild
The Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition takes place at the Dueling Peaks Stable. It is an event where the competitor must retrieve a Wild Horse and bring it back to the Stable within a set point of time. When Link meets with Rensa, he repeatedly tells Link that he came in second place in the competition. However, it is later revealed that while he did come in second place, there were only two competitors, with his brother Tasseren coming in first place. Despite this, Rensa still repeats the fact that he finished second in the competition. Stating that knowing how to ride a horse helps with the ladies, 
- Main article: Wild Horses
After speaking with Rensa a couple times, Link can participate in the Wild Horses quest, where he can participate in the Horse-Taming Competition. Link will have two minutes to retrieve a horse and bring it back to the stable. If done in time, Rensa will reward Link with a Purple Rupee. Rensa acknowledges Link's victory, but still repeats the fact that he once took second place in the competition.
- ↑ They're wild, so 'til you calm 'em, it's gonna be one crazy ride. But there's no feeling quite like taming a wild stallion! Trust me-I took second place in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition! - Rensa
- ↑ HEY! I saw that look you gave me! ... Fine! You don't believe me? Let's go, pal! You and me. Right here. Right now. You want to challenge the second-place Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition winner to a tame-off?! YOU GOT IT, MISTER! - Rensa
- ↑ Amazing! But...I can't believe you beat my two-minute record so easily... I mean, I won second place in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition! To be fair, it was just my brother and I competing... Anyway, here's the purse for winning the second official Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition! Your earned it. - Rensa
- ↑ Ya know, someone who can handle a horse has a real leg up on the competition when it comes to ladies... I know what I'm talking about! I took second in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition! - Rensa
- ↑ There certainly are not as many as in years past, but there are still quite a few around... If you manage to catch one, let me brother Tasseren to register the horse. know. He'll register the horse for you! My boys are wellsprings of information about horses, but I'm sure you don't need another lecture. After all, you're the one who beat me, the guy who took second in the Hyrule Horse-Taming Competition. - Rensa