"If you want true power, then slay the four golden beasts that roam the land. Then I shall grant my power to you. So far, you've slain ."
The Golden Beasts are four gold-colored enemies from Oracle of Seasons. They resemble four regular enemies from the game—a Moblin, Octorok, Lynel, and Darknut—albeit with much more health. They are part of a side quest to obtain the Red Ring.
Oracle of Seasons
To make the Golden Beasts appear, Link must first travel one screen south of the Gnarled Root Dungeon during the Summer. Two screens east of the dungeon is a stump to change the season as needed. In Summer, the water will be dried up enough to reveal a staircase leading to a cave. Inside the cave, Link finds the Old Man, who will tell him to slay the four Golden Beasts to obtain a "secret power." The beasts will then appear throughout Holodrum in the following locations and seasons:
- Golden Darknut - Spring - Found on the Western Coast, near the Hero's Cave.
- Golden Lynel - Winter - Found within the lower part of Tarm Ruins.
- Golden Moblin - Autumn - Found within the Woods of Winter.
- Golden Octorok - Summer - Found near the southwestern part of Spool Swamp.
Each beast can be fought the same as their usual counterparts, with the notable exception that each one takes considerably more hits than usual. They do not drop anything special upon defeat, but when Link kills all four and returns to the Old Man, he will receive a Seed Ring. When taken to Vasu Jewelers and appraised, the ring becomes the Red Ring, which doubles Link's sword damage with no side effects.
- ↑ "If you want true power, then slay the four golden beasts that roam the land. Then I shall grant my power to you. So far, you've slain ." — Old Man, Oracle of Seasons.