Dina (Breath of the Wild)
Dina is a character from Breath of the Wild.
Dina is a Gerudo who lives in Gerudo Town. She is a young woman about to set off to leave Gerudo Town. In preparation, she is taking both of Ashai's classes, including the Voe and You class during the day, where she will learn how to handle situations when dealing with men outside of Gerudo Town. In the evening and overnight hours, she will take Ashai's cooking class. Between the two classes, Dina just walks back and forth between the Barracks and Ashai's house, staying awake 24-hours a day.
At 8am each day, she will travel over to the Barracks for the Voe and You class. While she contributes to the class, she thinks the class itself is just a pain. While at class, Dina is concerned with her lipstick, hoping that the color will bring her good luck. Although she really has no idea as to why the color of the lipstick matters.
Link is able to sit in on the class and observer some of the answers that the students give. Dina he a very nice and thoughtful Gerudo, as her responses are very non-threatening. If a handsome man she's never seen approaches, would smile and enthusiastically greet him. She would also be willing to help an injured man by treating him with medicine right then and there. If a man abruptly engaged in conversation with Dina, she would take that up-close opportunity to determine his social standing by examining the clothes that he's wearing.
While Ashai will leave the classroom as 6pm, Dina remains there until 8pm. At that time she leaves and heads over to Ashai's home where she will also be taking her cooking class. Dina feels the cooking class is critical for her as whenever she tries to cook, she just makes Dubious Food. Although she knows that if insects or monster materials are added to a meal, it makes dubious food. The food is inedible and she already knows what not to do, so it is unclear as to why she needs the class. Her teacher always says that the quickest way to someone's heart is through their stomach.
- ↑ Sav'otta! It's about time for Ms. Ashai's class to begin. To be honest... I think learning all this is a real pain in the neck. But don't tell anyone I said that! - Dina
- ↑ What do you think of my lipstick? I think it'll bring me good luck! You know that the color is especially important in bringing good luck, right? - Dina
- ↑ Umm... I-I'm planning on learning about that next... - Dina
- ↑ I know, right?! Oooh, I can feel it working already! - Dina
- ↑ Oh! I would enthusiastically greet him, approaching with a smile and with my hands clearly empty! - Dina
- ↑ Oh! I would determine what was the matter and make a medicine on the spot to treat him! - Dina
- ↑ Oh! I would take the up-close oppurtunity to determine his social standing based on the clothes he's wearing! - Dina
- ↑ The cooking class is about to start. I really need to pay attention this time... How about you try taking it along with us? - Dina
- ↑ This class is absolutely critical for me! I've tried to cook up some great meals, but I only ever make dubious food... - Dina
- ↑ When you're cooking, if you add insects or monster materials, you'll end up with dubious food. Though if you ask me, there's nothing dubious about how absolutely inedible it is... - Dina
- ↑ The quickest way to someone's heart is through their stomach! At least, that's what the teacher says... - Dina