Thirty Gratitude Crystals
Rupees and Treasure appear more often
|日本語||アクマメダル (Demon Medal)|
|Française||Médaille maléfique (Evil Medal)|
|Française||Médaille démoniaque (Demonic Medal)|
|Español||Medallón maligno (Evil Medallion)|
|Español||Medallón maldito (Cursed Medallion)|
|Deutsch||Dämonen-Medaille (Demons Medal)|
"You got the Cursed Medal! With this, Rupees and treasure will appear more often...but it also carries a curse that prevents your pouch from opening! Eeek!"
The Cursed Medal is an optional item found in Skyward Sword. It is one of the seven different medals found within the game, all with their own effects on Link.
Once Link has collected thirty Gratitude Crystals and given them to Batreaux, he is rewarded with the Big Wallet. After he tells Link to please continue helping him, a treasure chest appears to the side of the room. If Link goes near it, Batreaux stops him and urges him not to open the chest under any circumstances. He states that the chest contains the Cursed Medal, a dreaded medal of the infamous evil according to the Demon. He describes the effects of the medal as Link can find more Rupees than ever before and even have better chances of discovering treasure, but anyone who holds the Cursed Medal can not open their Adventure Pouch, not letting him access his potions or shields. Batreaux asks Link if he can think of a more gruesome fate and tells him not to think of the chest ever again. If Link ignores what he says and opens it anyways, he obtains the Cursed Medal.
Like stated by Batreaux, the Cursed Medal applies different effects on Link. When Link is carrying the medal, Rupees and Treasure appear with a greater frequency, combining the effects of the Rupee and Treasure medals, but he won't be able to open his Adventure Pouch. Thus, when Link needs to find treasure or Rupees, the Cursed Medal is a great item for him to bring. However, he is still able to use Fairies if he has one in a Bottle and dies, but he cannot access it in his pouch. Similarly, items that Link does not need to be equipped like Bomb Bags or other medals still give effects to him.
If Link needs to access his items in the pouch but is still carrying the Cursed Medal, the only way he can open his pouch again is to go to the Bazaar and give the medal to Peatrice at the Item Check shop.
- ↑ "Cursed Medal
Location: Skyloft— Batreaux's House" — Prima Games Skyward Sword Strategy Guide, pg. 18
- ↑ "You have made such magnificent progress gathering Gratitude Crystals. Please just continue helping me a bit longer..." — Batreaux, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "No, I beg you! Stop! That chest is not to be opened, under any circumstance! There's something unspeakable inside!
- What? :I want to open it." — Batreaux, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "That chest contains the infamous evil of the dreaded Cursed Medal.
If you carry that medal with you, you'll find more Rupees than ever before! You'll even have better chances of discovering treasure! You'll... You'll... Oh, don't make me say it!
- Sounds handy! :Say...what?" — Batreaux, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "It gets worse! Far, far worse... Any poor soul who holds that medal will find himself unable to open his pouch! No matter how badly you want to use your potions or shields, they will be denied to you! Can you imagine a more gruesome fate? Please, push any thought of this chest out of your mind forever! You must never think of it again." — Batreaux, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "You got the Cursed Medal! With this, Rupees and treasure will appear more often...but it also carries a curse that prevents your pouch from opening! Eeek!" — In-Game Description, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "While you carry this cursed medal, Rupees and treasures appear with greater frequency but you can't open your pouch." — In-Game Description, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "The Cursed Medal confers the benefits of the Treasure Medal and the Rupee Medal all in one, but while carrying it you cannot use a shield or anything in your Adventure Poach." — Prima Games Skyward Sword Strategy Guide, pg. 18
- ↑ "Although you can gather more Rupees after defeating foes, you can't open your Adventure's Pouch, effectively stopping you from using items like Bottles or Shields." — Prima Games Skyward Sword Strategy Guide, pg. 155
- ↑ "This " — Prima Games Skyward Sword Strategy Guide, pg. 15
- ↑ "A Fairy in a Bottle will also save you; although you can't access it from your pouch, it still restores Hearts automatically if carried along with the Cursed Medal." — Prima Games Skyward Sword Strategy Guide, pg. 18
- ↑ "Ah! Oh dear...now you've done it! You opened it, didn't you?! Human desire is an insatiable, fearsome thing...even to a demon! But then again, I suppose it's also what makes your kind so intriguing... If your pouch won't open, fear not. That will only happen while you're carrying that medal. If you leave it at an Item Check, you'll be able to open your pouch once again." — Batreaux, Skyward Sword.
- ↑ "Don't worry if you receive [the Cursed Medal]; simply head to the Bazaar and place it in the item check!" — Prima Games Skyward Sword Strategy Guide, pg. 155