Club Nintendo was Nintendo of America's premier rewards program for loyal Nintendo customers. After a game or console was bought, customers could input codes included with the products for coins, which could then be redeemed for exclusive prizes or games. If customers earned 300 or more coins within one year they were eligible for a Gold prize, while members who earned more than 600 coins in one year could receive an exclusive Platinum prize. Club Nintendo shut down on June 15th, 2015 in North America and September 30th, 2015 in Europe and Japan. It was replaced in 2016 by My Nintendo.
Zelda Related Rewards
Over the years, several Zelda-related awards have been available to members of Club Nintendo for a limited time. Most of them are no longer redeemable.
- A pack of three Zelda posters, containing a timeline and artwork for Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass. Price: 350 coins.
- A pack of three Zelda posters for the 25th Anniversary, contain two posters with artwork from Skyward Sword and one portraying special artwork for the anniversary. Price: 400 coins
- A golden Wii Nunchuk controller that matched the golden Wii Remote from limited editions of Skyward Sword. Price: 900 coins
- A set of three A Link Between Worlds wall posters. Price: 500 coins
- A Nintendo 3DS game case featuring artwork from various Zelda games. Price: 400 coins
- A Skyward Sword wall poster that was included in a three-poster set available to Platinum members in 2012.
- Majora's Mask soundtrack, which was available to Platinum members in 2013.
- A The Wind Waker HD wall poster that was included in a three-poster set available to Platinum members in 2013.
- Ocarina of Time 3D soundtrack, which was redeemable if members registered Ocarina of Time 3D within two days of its release.
Classic Zelda games have also been available to purchase with coins in the past and redeemable on the Virtual Console service. The calendars that were offered to Gold members as rewards also usually contained Zelda artwork.