Bunnio is a character from Spirit Tracks. He moved from his home in Castle Town to the Rabbitland Rescue station located on the western portions of the Forest Realm to follow his dream of protecting stray rabbits.
Bunnio wears a bunny suit that makes him look very similar to a rabbit. He probably wears this so bunnies don't get scared of him when he comes to frolic with them. It is very strange to look at; even his wife yells at him quite a bit for wearing a ridiculous outfit like the one he is wearing.
The first time Link visits the Rabbitland Rescue station, Bunnio will explain to Link that it is a safe haven for stray bunnies, a place where they can relax and frolic. After making sure Link is 120% devoted to frolicing with the bunnies, he will give Link the Rabbit Net, and tell him how to catch bunnies while he is driving his train. For every Grass Rabbit Link brings to the Rabbitland Rescue, Bunnio will give him 5 Rupees per rabbit. Also, for every Snow Rabbit Link brings, he will be rewarded with 10 Rupees per rabbit.
There are two main rewards Link can obtain for collecting all these rabbits. The first can be collected once Link has caught five rabbits and has brought them back to Rabbitland Rescue. Bunnio will be very surprised to see Link has already caught five rabbits, and give them a prize. The prize is a Heart Container.
The second reward is the main prize of the entire side-quest, and thus is only received once Link has collected all of the 50 Rabbits found across the Overworld. When Link has brought them all to the Rabbitland Rescue, Bunnio will thank Link for catching every bunny out there, and give Link the prize he promised him, the Swordsman's Scroll #1!
After Link has completed the Ocean Temple, a woman in a house in Castle Town tells Link that her rabbit-loving husband had gone out travelling out still not returned. Since this man is obviously Bunnio, Link can tell the woman he knows where her husband is, and drive her to the Rabbitland Rescue. She greatly accepts Link's offer to drive her, and tells him she will wait for him on the train. Upon her arrival, she appears very excited, telling Link she doesn't know what to say to her husband; it has been so long. She ends up yelling at Bunnio, telling him that she's been worried sick and he's been wearing a ridiculous outfit and been frolicing with bunnies. After a mad attempt by her husband to explain himself to his wife, the woman walks backs to the train, barking to Link to drive her home and to her husband, saying he could here and frolic with the rabbits forever, because she doesn't care anymore. However, while Link is preparing to leave, she changes her mind, saying she should try to learn to accept her husband's big heart. She thanks Link for the ride, and gives him a Force Gem.
- ↑ 1.1 1.2 "HONEY?! What in the world are you doing?! And what is that ridiculous outfit?" — Bunnio's Wife, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "Welcome to Rabbitland Rescue, a haven for rabbits and their furless friends. There are millions of poor rabbits without a home or human companionship. Here at Rabbitland Rescue, we save these bunnies from the harsh wilderness... And provide them with much-needed frolicking. You are here to frolic with the bunnies, right? [.]Sure am![.]No..." — Bunnio, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "Let me be 120 percent clear. If your heart's not in it, you're gonna get burned. Are you SURE you want to frolic with the bunnies? [.]Of course![.]Hmm..." — Bunnio, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "OK, I'm convinced. If you want to join the Rabbitland family, you'll need this!" — Bunnio, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "When driving around, you might see a bunny peeking out from behind something. If you spot one, blow your whistle. The rabbit will jump and be easy to spot. When you see that, blast whatever the bunny's hiding behind with your cannon! The rabbit will try to run from you, but only 'cause it likes being chased! And then the hunt is on! Once the hunting starts, you'll automatically pick up your net. Then just focus on tapping the rabbit with the right timing to catch it! If you're careful, you'll have an adorable bunny in hand before you know it! But if you fail to catch it, that rabbit will run off before long. Hopefully you followed that long explanation of mine? [.]Sure did.[.]Not at all." — Bunnio, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "Goodness! You've caught at least five more rabbits already? Then here's that amazing prize I promised you!" — Bunnio, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "Wow! Just...wow! You've collected every rabbit out there. I'm speechless... You've more than earned it, so here it is, the neatest present EVER!" — Bunnio, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "My husband has vanished! Where could he have gone? He's such a gentle man. You should see how he is with rabbits... I hope he's not hurt. Oh, whatever has happened to him? Have you heard anything about where he is? [.]Yep.[.]No." — Bunnio's Wife, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "Oh, my sweet, sweet husband! I can't wait to see him again! Let's leave soon! I'll be waiting for you at the train!" — Bunnio's Wife, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "Oh, I'm so happy to finally see my darling husband. Thank you so much for bringing me all this way to meet him!" — Bunnio's Wife, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "Oh, what should I say to him? It's been so long!" — Bunnio's Wife, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "You've been frolicking with those filthy wild rabbits again, haven't you? I can't begin to understand your obsession with them!" — Bunnio's Wife, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "Ah! Sugar plum...this is... It's not what it looks like. There's a perfectly good explanation for all of this. Honest, there is! See--" — Bunnio, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "If I don't take care of these poor rabbits, no one will! You just don't understand them like I do." — Bunnio, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "I'd like to go home now! Mr. Engineer, would you PLEASE take me back to Castle Town?" — Bunnio's Wife, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "Well, you sure know them better than you know me! Do you have any idea how worried I've been about you? I don't want to see you in that ridiculous getup ever again! For all I care, you can stay here with your bunnies forever!" — Bunnio's Wife, Spirit Tracks.
- ↑ "You know, I think I've changed my mind. I won't be heading back to town. After all, it's my husband's big heart that first drew me to him. Maybe I'm the one who needs to change how I think about things. You've done me a huge service in bringing me here. Thank you so much." — Bunnio's Wife, Spirit Tracks.