Aba's Battle Class
Aba's Battle Class are tutorials on some of the basic fighting mechanics in Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland.
Aba will teach Tingle the basic fighting mechanics. Her first lesson is explaining how battles begins and she demonstrates with a Rubber Toy. She encourages Tingle to simply bump into the monster to begin the battle.
Her second lesson is teaching Tingle how to battle two monsters at the same time. Tingle simply needs to attack a single enemy and while the battle is surrounded by a smoke cloud, walk towards another enemy. Two more Rubber Toys will be placed for Tingle to practice with.
After teaching Link two initial lessons, Aba will run off to prepare Tingle's next training session.
Aba appears once Tingle arrives at the Sunshine Seashore, the second region in the game. When Tingle first arrives, she'll review some of the strategies she previously taught Tingle. She places a Chu Rat for Tingle to battle. She tells Tingle that if he only battles one enemy at a time, he'll only get one item as a reward.
Aba will then task Tingle with fighting five monsters all at once and she'll place five Chu Rats down. After Tingle fights all five of them, multiple items and larger quantity of rupees will be left as rewards. She warns Tingle that while fighting more enemies at once caused them to drop more items, it can be painful and Tingle will lose more power. She recommends that Link find a battle partner as quickly as he can.
- ↑ Listen up! A battle starts when you bump into a monster! Take a deep breath and get ready for battle! Got it? You don't look like much of a fighter... Hmm... Let's start you off with a rubber toy! Let battle commence!" - Aba, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
- ↑ Good job! It was only a rubber toy but that's the idea. Okay what's next? Quick! Over here!" - Aba, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
- ↑ Next up you have to battle 2 monsters at the same time! The important thing is footwork! To battle monsters at the same time you need to use the +Control Pad. While you have a smoke cloud around you, move to battle other monsters. You will lose more power but you'll get other things... Don't worry now about what those are... Here come two opponents! Move fast and get them both involved in the battle." - Aba, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
- ↑ Good job! Well done! You're really improving! But you've still got some way to go!" - Aba, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
- ↑ Good job! You've got the hang of it! But you've got to fight real monsters to really understand... Well, I'll work on your next training session! Be careful out there! Don't overdo it! Until next time!" - Aba, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
- ↑ When you battle monsters they sometimes drop items like bones and meat, right? The number of items varies depending on the way you fight! Did you notice? The way you fight... Are you listening?! This is important! Get as many monsters as you can involved in the battle at the same time! That's the trick! The most important thing is... footwork, of course! There's only one way to learn, by giving it a try! Let's review fighting one monster. Ready? Let's go!" - Aba, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
- ↑ So? Only battle one monster, and you'll only get one item... Okay, next exercise! Over here!" - Aba, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
- ↑ Okay, here comes today's main lesson! In the next battle try to get all 5 monsters in your smoke cloud! Don't just battle them one at a time! Gather them all and then bash 'em! Ready? All 5 at the same time, okay? Let 'em have it!" - Aba, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
- ↑ That's it! You're getting the hang of it! Can you see that you get more rupees and items than battling one monster? As you can see, it's not easy to battle monsters at the same time. If you're on your own, it's okay just to run into them. But that can be painful. I recommend that you find a battle partner as quickly as you can. Battle several monsters at the same time and you'll lose more power... But to make up for that the monsters drop more items! Don't just wander into battles without thinking! Remember what I taught you! Well... That's all I've got to teach you for today. I should be going... Good luck! Bye bye!" - Aba, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland