Posted on April 27 2011 by Nathanial Rumphol-Janc
Nintendo of Japan just updated their 3DS lineup trailer to include release dates and new footage for Ocarina of Time 3D and Star Fox 64 3D, along with a number of other third-party offerings like Resident Evil: The Mercenaries. There’s admittedly not a lot of footage there (it starts around 2:50), but it does a good job of showing off the game in motion along with new details that we hadn’t really seen before.
- We’ve already seen the first bit of the clip from the intro video that showed up on the teaser site a couple days ago – Hyrule Field looks more vibrant and beautiful, even if the eerie darkness of the original has been toned down a bit to compensate
- Next we see Adult Link in action as he fights a pair of Stalfos in the Forest Temple; you can really tell they’ve improved the framerate and animations look much smoother
- Phantom Ganon shows up on his stallion; Ganon’s face actually looks pretty funky from this angle…
- King Dodongo’s roar and animations look much more organic; we can see that Link’s Hylian Shield still looks huge and awkward on his back when he’s a child
- Zelda’s facial reaction during the first meeting has been stepped up quite a bit and gives off more of a feeling that she’s really surprised
- Link and Sheik play their duet outside the Forest Temple; the Lost Woods have remained largely faithful to their original look
Not a lot to see here unfortunately, but this is some of the clearest game footage we’ve had the pleasure of seeing up to this point, so we’ll take what we can get!
Source: NintenDaan via GoNintendo