Posted on June 22 2014 by Jon Lett
SpeedDemosArchive and SpeedRunsLive are now live on Twitch.tv for their joint effort to raise money for Doctors Without Borders. For the next full week, 24 hours a day, speedrunners will play games from loads of different series, and giving out awesome prizes to people donating for the cause. Make sure to look out for the Zelda games coming up throughout the marathon!
Hit the jump for an update on the scheduled Zelda games, and the prizes going with them.
The new schedule for Zelda games (all in the EST timezone):
– 6/23/2014 10:40:00 PM: Four Swords Adventures, run by Zmaster91
– 6/26/2014 3:10:00 PM: Oracle of Seasons, run by Bananas
– 6/27/2014 12:25:00 AM: Skyward Sword, run by TLoZSR & Testrunner
– 6/28/2014 6:15:00 PM: A Link to the Past, run by Andy, glitched by Jadin
– 6/28/2014 8:15:00 PM: A Link Between Worlds, run by Zandergoth
*NEW* (May or may not be played as a bonus game)
– 6/28/2014 10:25:00 PM: Ocarina of Time, runner unknown
This block in the schedule is labelled “Legend of Setup: Buffer of Time”, and the description even says “Buffer period #6. Potential bonus game. This one is also labeled in the most subtle of manners.”. This likely means Ocarina of Time will be played at this time.
Here are the prizes that you can donate for during Zelda runs:
– During Four Swords Adventures run: Crazy Link poster by Kari Fry, & The Last Arrow Giclee print
– During Oracle of Seasons run: boxed copies of Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages with special edition comics for each game
– During Skyward Sword run: Skyward Sword bundle
– During A Link to the Past and A Link Between Worlds runs: 3DS XL bundle with A Link Between Worlds, Zelda Treasure Chest purse, Master Sword perlers, & The Wind Waker Fado and Makar poster
This time around, the grand prizes for the marathon will be a Wii U and a 3DS XL, both with custom Summer Games Done Quick designs. Make sure to check out the full schedule for times that games will be played (it is automatically converted to your personal timezone), and for the prizes offered throughout the marathon. Hopefully we can hit the target donation total this year. Awesome Games Done Quick this past January hit $1 million for cancer research, so perhaps the same can be collected this week. More updates about the games and prizes will be revealed and touched upon as the marathon continues, so watch out for them if there is something specific you really want to donate for!
Will you guys be watching this week? What game are you looking forward to seeing glitched, broken and exploited? Leave a comment!