Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Favorite Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Date Joined: October 2020
I have no enemies. I don’t permit such a thing.
Hey, Listen! My name is Mike Midwood and I am happy to be on the Writing Team for Zelda Dungeon!
My first experience with the Zelda series came when I was 10 years old and a friend of mine introduced me to Ocarina of Time. While I had played plenty of video games before, I had never become so deeply immersed and invested in a world that felt so real to me. This was the first time I had ever found myself thinking about the game even when I wasn’t playing it; contemplating Hyrule and its history, getting to know its inhabitants, and pondering every crevice of the geography. Ocarina of Time had a hold of my mind and heart, and it remains my favorite video game to this day. Some of my other favorite Zelda games include Majora’s Mask, A Link to the Past, and Link’s Awakening. I’m also a big fan of the Resident Evil and Dark Souls series.
Besides video games, reading and writing have been my foundational hobbies throughout most of my life. I cut my teeth on Stephen King (I love the horror aesthetic across all mediums) and eventually exposed myself to the classics of literature that have helped shape my love of language and the arts. In 2015, I graduated from Penn State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English with a Writing minor. My primary interest is in art and media criticism and if you asked me what I’d like to do with my future, I would love to be a critical essayist for video games. I also play the drums, love spicy food, and watch football every Sunday.
Thank you for reading my content and I sincerely hope you enjoy it. I look forward to contributing my thoughts and skills to the Zelda community!
- Age of Calamity On Limited-Time Sale Through Walmart, Amazon
- Daily Debate: Who is the Zelda Series’ Most Memorable Shopkeeper?
- Daily Debate: Which Zelda Game(s) Won You Over?
- Breath of the Wild Multiplayer Mod Currently In Development
- Awesome Games Done Quick 2022 Speedrunning Marathon Starts Today, Zelda Classics on Schedule
- In Defense of Zelda II: How to Enjoy Curmudgeonly Classics
- Age of Calamity Developers Struggled to Recreate Breath of the Wild’s Grass
- Daily Debate: What is the Zelda Series’ Best Use of Non-Traditional Controls?
- Breath of the Wild Secures Top Spot on IGN’s Revised “Top 100 Video Games of All Time” List
- Japanese News Network Dubs Breath of the Wild the Best Game of All Time, Shigeru Miyamoto Responds