Location: Chicago, IL
Favorite Zelda: A Link to the Past
Date Joined: October 2019
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
Hey! Listen! My name is Douglas Kwiecinski, and I am The Legend of Zelda years old. Some of my earliest childhood memories include searching, agonizingly, for the entrance to Ganon’s Dungeon in Spectacle Rock, challenging Iron Knuckles in Parapa Palace, and reflecting orbs back at Aghanim until he finally fell to my superior intellect.
I’ve lived my entire life around the Chicago area, and as such am a huge fan of the Bears, Blackhawks, Cubs, hot dogs, Italian beef, and deep dish pizza. Since I was a child, it has been a dream of mine to write for a gaming site and share with others the love I have for character, story, and the ecstasy of finally finishing a particularly challenging game. I would consider myself an above average guitarist, and love bands such as Kill Hannah, Coheed and Cambria, Rush, Metallica, and Shiny Toy Guns.
A Link to the Past is, without a doubt, my favorite Zelda game, and the one that I find myself going back to most often. I have become a part of the A Link to the Past randomizer and Crowd Control communities, and am starting to take on speedrunning of what is, objectively, one of the great video games of all time.
When I’m not writing or gaming, I’m a professional coffee roaster, and will talk your ear off about all things coffee if you just ask! I enjoy beer and, when the mood strikes me, sipping on a Sazerac.
You can find me outside of Zelda Dungeon on Twitch, Instagram, and Twitter where I get to be nonsensical for the amusement of others.
- Daily Debate: Would a Flying Mechanic Work in a Boss Fight?
- This Ocarina of Time Cover Album Will Transport You to Hyrule
- Daily Debate: Would A Zelda Game Work As An RPG?
- Daily Debate: Who Is The Most Difficult Dungeon Boss In The Zelda Series?
- This Spanish-Inspired Take on the Zelda Main Theme Lets Your Mind Run Wild
- Legendary Pictures: Putting the “Legend” in “The Legend of Zelda”
- Daily Debate: Is the “Official Timeline” Officially Worthless?
- Daily Debate: How Would You Design the Next Zelda Game?
- Speedrunners Completely Break Ocarina of Time, Spawn Arwings from Star Fox Without Cheat Device / Hacking
- Check Out This Beautiful Vocal Arrangement of Three Classic Zelda Songs