Well, Sakurai has revealed even more details about Shulk and how his moves will work. After this morning’s reveal, he posted on Miiverse regarding the newcomer’s fighting abilities. It seems that he will have two different fighting modes; one with his Monado activated and one using the Monado arts. The Monado activated gives him a longer range sword attack. However, Sakurai points out that the Monado arts are what is most interesting about Shulk because there are five different arts he can use:
- 翔 (Jump): higher jumps, lower defense.
- 疾 (Speed): faster movement, weaker attacks.
- 盾(Shield): higher defense, slower movement.
- 斬(Buster): stronger attacks, weaker launch ability.
- 撃(Smash): Stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching.
These details are pretty interesting, and give a little insight into how strategy may become a factor while playing as Shulk. What do you think of Shulk’s unique Monado arts? Let us know in the comments!