Posted on June 17 2017 by Rod Lloyd
Happy Saturday, everybody. What say you to yet another Zelda Informer Photoshop Contest? E3 2017 has come and gone, and the Nintendo fanbase definitely has a lot to look forward to in the coming year. One announcement that intrigued Zelda fans was the reveal of Breath of the Wild‘s second DLC pack, The Champions’ Ballad. We know very little about the pack right now, so we figured we’d let all of you throw out predictions during this week’s contest.
Last Week’s Contest: E3 2017 Predictions and Surprises
We had little idea what Nintendo had in store for E3 this year, so we let contestants last week predict the surprise announcements that we could have possibly seen.
Artist: Bacon Informer
Artist: Oni Link
This Week’s Contest: The Champions’ Ballad Predictions
After The Master Trials’ June 30th release, the next Breath of the Wild DLC pack that fans can look forward to will be The Champions’ Ballad. We still don’t have a lot of information regarding this upcoming expansion, but we know that it will feature additional story content and it will — at least partially — highlight the four Champions seen in the main game. It’s not a lot to go off of, but it may be enough for us to formulate some solid predictions.
The contest this week will be to predict what will be in The Champions’ Ballad DLC. You can show off a potential story moment or propose a new gameplay feature. We leave you to your imaginations, but of course we do have some images in the gallery below to get you started.
General Rules: Submit your entries in the comments section below.
- To save images from the gallery, right click the image in the gallery (without opening the image in lightbox) and select open image in new tab. Right click and save!
- Photoshop is not required to enter the contest. Any image manipulation software can be used to create your entry.
- Some hand-drawn fan art is okay, but your entry must include some image manipulation to be considered.
- If you use another fan’s original assets or likeness, please try to give them credit.
- Please refrain from using offensive material (racial, sexual, overuse of offensive language, etc.) We want to make the contest fun and accessible for fans of all ages.
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion at Zelda Informer. In fact, we encourage discussion based on those opinions. However, please do not insult other fans’ work. What may be funny to one person may not hold true for another…and that’s OK.
- Have fun and be creative!
Deadline: Submit entries no later than Friday at midnight: 11:59 p.m. PST on June 23. Entries submitted after this Deadline will not be considered.
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week and upvote your favorites, and maybe you will be one of next week’s winners!
For those that who want to test their skills with something more challenging, we have a few Challenge Rules for you to follow:
1. Your entry must include all four NPC Champions from Breath of the Wild.
2. Your entry must include a member of a Zelda race not featured in Breath of the Wild.
Rod Lloyd is the Editor-In-Chief at Zelda Dungeon, overseeing the news and feature content for the site. Rod is considered the veteran of the writing team, having started writing for Zelda Informer in 2014 as a Junior Editor. After ZD and ZI officially merged in 2017, he stepped into the Managing Editor role and has helped steer the ship ever since. He stepped up to lead the writing team as Editor-In-Chief in 2023.
You can reach Rod at: email@example.com