Happy Saturday, everyone. It’s time again to kick off Zelda Informer’s famed Photoshop Contest. My life continues to be consumed by Breath of the Wild chicanery, and this week I found myself successfully taming a few wild beasts out on the plains. Link is surprisingly versatile, able to tame and ride many things from horses, to bucks, to even bears. With that in mind, this week’s contest will ask contestants to ‘shop our hero riding some beasts of their choosing. Let’s do it to it.
Last Week’s Contest: Link’s Captured Memories
After being asleep for 100 years, Link attempted to recapture some of his memories last week. Turns out he recollected the moment when he was beckoned to a wonderful new region in Hyrule.
Artist: Spiral Harmonies
This Week’s Contest: Riding a Beast
In Breath of the Wild, resourceful players can jump on the backs of various wild beasts and ride them around the land of Hyrule. Some of these beasts are harder to ride than others, but with enough wherewithals, Link can become a master of bears, bucks, and mystical beasts.
The contest this week is to show Link riding some kind of wild beast, no matter how ridiculous. Maybe you can show Link riding an animal that can’t normally be ridden in BotW, taming a beast that isn’t even in the game, or perhaps straddling something completely outrageous. Whatever you decide, there are some images in the gallery below to get you started, but as always, you can use anything you find online to get the job done.
General Rules: Submit your entries in the comments section below.
- To save images from the gallery, right click the image in the gallery (without opening the image in lightbox) and select open image in new tab. Right click and save!
- Photoshop is not required to enter the contest. Any image manipulation software can be used to create your entry.
- Some hand-drawn fan art is okay, but your entry must include some image manipulation to be considered.
- If you use another fan’s original assets or likeness, please try to give them credit.
- Please refrain from using offensive material (racial, sexual, overuse of offensive language, etc.) We want to make the contest fun and accessible for fans of all ages.
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion at Zelda Informer. In fact, we encourage discussion based on those opinions. However, please do not insult other fans’ work. What may be funny to one person may not hold true for another…and that’s OK.
- Have fun and be creative!
Deadline: Submit entries no later than Thursday at midnight: 11:59 p.m. PST on March 23. Entries submitted after this Deadline will not be considered.
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week and upvote your favorites, and maybe you will be one of next week’s winners!
For those that who want to test their skills with something more challenging, we have a few Challenge Rules for you to follow:
1. Link must be wearing a silly hat.
2. Your entry must include “dubious food.”
Rod Lloyd is the Editor-In-Chief at Zelda Dungeon, overseeing the news and feature content for the site. Rod is considered the veteran of the writing team, having started writing for Zelda Informer in 2014 as a Junior Editor. After ZD and ZI officially merged in 2017, he stepped into the Managing Editor role and has helped steer the ship ever since. He stepped up to lead the writing team as Editor-In-Chief in 2023.
You can reach Rod at: email@example.com