Hello, everyone. I hope you’re ready for another exciting entry of Zelda Informer’s Photoshop Contest. My Breath of the Wild addiction has not let up in the slightest, as I feel a hankering to play the game just about every hour of every day. I’ve spent some time taking notes of the events in the game in hopes of conceiving a new contest theme, and I think I finally have an idea. There are minor spoilers for Breath of the Wild in this week’s theme, so head on into the contest page if you want to know more.
Last Week’s Contest: Breath of the Wild Free Week
Because I was so wrapped up in Breath of the Wild that I couldn’t think of a better contest idea, I decided to let contestants ‘shop any submission they wanted so long as they included elements from the new game.
There were definitely a lot of great entries last week; I recommend you check them all out on last week’s page.
Artist: Tara Niesje
Artist: Francisco Daniel Ramos
Artist: Drew Torres
Last week’s Challenge Mode was to a include a bunch of BotW images from our image gallery in one’s submission. Artist Shadox took to the challenge in stride, saying, “Alright, I’ll see what I can d- wait a SECOND! ‘Challenge Mode?!’ Consider the challenge ACCEPTED! I’ll use them ALL, and THEN some!”. I must say, this approach certainly paid off for our Challenge Mode winner. There were the obvious additions like Zelda, Daruk, and a Guardian; but we were plenty happy to see things like a boar, a Nintendo Switch dog, and a Rito bard standing on a stack of firewood. The submission definitely reflects the amount of content hidden away in Breath of the Wild. Great job.
This Week’s Contest: Link’s Captured Memories
Warning: minor spoilers ahead. In Breath of the Wild, Link awakens from a 100-year slumber to find that he’s forgotten the events of his past. Only by visiting the locations featured in pictures that Princess Zelda hid away in his Sheikah Slate can Link recall important memories and fully realize his quest. These memories — attached to specific places around Hyrule — are rather pivotal to Link’s adventure; however, I was wondering what would have happened if different — less consequential, perhaps — moments were remembered instead.
The contest this week is to ‘shop new memories that Link would remember when travelling around Hyrule in Breath of the Wild. Maybe these memories are events you think could have taken place during the game’s backstory, maybe they reveal a cool theory you have regarding the game’s lore, or maybe it’s just some random memory you think would be funny. Whatever you decide, there are some images in the gallery below to get you started, but of course, use anything you find online if you so choose.
General Rules: Submit your entries in the comments section below.
- To save images from the gallery, right click the image in the gallery (without opening the image in lightbox) and select open image in new tab. Right click and save!
- Photoshop is not required to enter the contest. Any image manipulation software can be used to create your entry.
- Some hand-drawn fan art is okay, but your entry must include some image manipulation to be considered.
- If you use another fan’s original assets or likeness, please try to give them credit.
- Please refrain from using offensive material (racial, sexual, overuse of offensive language, etc.) We want to make the contest fun and accessible for fans of all ages.
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion at Zelda Informer. In fact, we encourage discussion based on those opinions. However, please do not insult other fans’ work. What may be funny to one person may not hold true for another…and that’s OK.
- Have fun and be creative!
Deadline: Submit entries no later than Thursday at midnight: 11:59 p.m. PST on March 16. Entries submitted after this Deadline will not be considered.
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week and upvote your favorites, and maybe you will be one of next week’s winners!
For those that who want to test their skills with something more challenging, we have a few Challenge Rules for you to follow:
1. Your entry must include a sneaky Korok.
2. Your entry must include a three wild animals one can find in Breath of the Wild.