Good day to all, Zelda Informer Community. It is time again to jump into our weekly Photoshop Contest! Earlier this week, it was announced that fan favorite Skull Kid would be joining the cast of Hyrule Warriors Legends. This exciting news has focused the Zelda community on the menacing, yet endearing villain from Majora’s Mask. So with this popular character on the minds of all of us, we’re making this week’s contest all about Skull Kid. Of course before we set it off, we’ll also need to look back at last week’s contest: Super Silly Zelda Pop-up Storybook.
Last Week’s Contest:
I’m not going to lie; our previous contest did not garner very much attention. I guess people just don’t like super silly pop-up storybooks.
Even though we didn’t see many entries, I’m still glad this winning submission by VaatiVire was so very good. Giving us the storybook goodness that we were looking for, this artist recreated the heartfelt resolution of Oracle of Ages. Link, Zelda, Nayru, the Maku Tree, and even Moosh are present in this adorable scene. I especially love the inclusion of the Paper Mario-inspired Zelda, which fits perfectly with the contest’s theme. Excellent job, and thanks for participating!
This Week’s Contest: All About Skull Kid
Earlier this week, a few Famitsu scans revealed that Skull Kid would be a playable character in the upcoming Hyrule Warriors Legends. The villainous imp is set to make use of Majora’s Mask, an ocarina, and fairy companion to do battle in the arenas of HW. This announcement reignited love for Skull Kid within our community, so we of course had to dedicate a Photoshop Contest to the character.
The contest this week is to construct a tribute to Skull Kid, in whatever way you see fit. You can show the imp causing destruction in Termina in some bizarre way, or maybe you can show how he will fight in Hyrule Warriors. Whatever you decide, you’re free to make use of the images in our gallery below and anything else you find on the internet.
- Submit your entries in the comments section below.
- To save images from the gallery, right click the image in the gallery (without opening the image in lightbox) and select open image in new tab. Go up to the address bar and delete __small from the URL. Hit enter, right click, and save!
- Photoshop is not required to enter the contest. Any image manipulation software can be used to create your entry.
- Please refrain from using offensive material (racial, sexual, overuse of offensive language, etc.) We want to make the contest fun and accessible for fans of all ages.
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion at Zelda Informer. In fact, we encourage discussion based on those opinions. However, please do not insult other fans’ work. What may be funny to one person may not hold true for another…and that’s OK.
- Have fun and be creative!
Deadline: Submit entries no later than next Wednesday at midnight: 11:59 p.m. PST on October 14. Entries submitted after this Deadline will not be considered.
For those that who want to test their skills with something more challenging, we have a Challenge Rule for you to follow:
1. Your entry must include Phantom Ganon.
If you think you’re up to the challenge, include the phrase Challenge Accepted with your submission. Remember, Challenge Mode submissions follow the same rules and guidelines of the base Photoshop Contest in addition to the Challenge Rules.