Hello, ZI fans! The Photoshop Contest is back again, and I do believe I’ve caught a whiff of the sea breeze. This week saw the release of a new Pirates of the Caribbean film, giving theater-goers the chance to go on another voyage across the seven seas. But as exciting as the adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow are, Zelda fans know that their favorite game series is forever the best source of seafaring and swashbuckling entertainment. This week’s contest will focus on The Legend of Zelda‘s many pirate characters, so let’s set sail.
Most Recent Contest: Solving a Zelda Crime Scene
The release of a Zelda – Clue board game inspired our last contest, which asked contestants to create crime scenes that one would see in the Zelda series. But with the contest receiving no entries, it seems Hyrule remains crime-free.
This Week’s Contest: A Pirate’s Life for Ye
Most picture traditional high fantasy elements when thinking of The Legend of Zelda, but the series is just as much home to high seas adventures and swashbuckling exploits. There are a great many sailors and pirates to meet throughout the series’ long-history — we actually ranked the best and worst among them — and many nautical quests to set out on.
The contest this week is ‘shop an image featuring one or more pirate characters from the Zelda series. Tetra’s crew, Gerudo pirates, and seafaring Stalfos are all up for grabs, as well as any other sailing characters you can think of. We’ve got a few images in the gallery below, but feel free to use anything from the internet for your submission.
General Rules: Submit your entries in the comments section below.
- To save images from the gallery, right click the image in the gallery (without opening the image in lightbox) and select open image in new tab. Right click and save!
- Photoshop is not required to enter the contest. Any image manipulation software can be used to create your entry.
- Some hand-drawn fan art is okay, but your entry must include some image manipulation to be considered.
- If you use another fan’s original assets or likeness, please try to give them credit.
- Please refrain from using offensive material (racial, sexual, overuse of offensive language, etc.) We want to make the contest fun and accessible for fans of all ages.
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion at Zelda Informer. In fact, we encourage discussion based on those opinions. However, please do not insult other fans’ work. What may be funny to one person may not hold true for another…and that’s OK.
- Have fun and be creative!
Deadline: Submit entries no later than Friday at midnight: 11:59 p.m. PST on June 1. Entries submitted after this Deadline will not be considered.
Don’t forget to check back throughout the week and upvote your favorites, and maybe you will be one of next week’s winners!
For those that who want to test their skills with something more challenging, we have a few Challenge Rules for you to follow:
1. Your entry must include a character from the Pirates of the Caribbean series.
2. Every character included in your entry must be wearing either an eye patch, a peg leg, or a hook hand.