The folks over at IGN got their hands on Ocarina of Time 3D once again at GDC 2011 this past week. Unfortunately what was on display was the same sections that had been on display at previous showings of the Nintendo 3DS. They did grab some quality footage taken Inside the Deku Tree and you can see all three videos within this post. The first video shows Link getting the slingshot, the second shows Link fighting off some enemies and solving a basic puzzle, while the third video involves Link acquiring the compass. There is nothing new to see in these videos, but they are in good quality, showing off the improved graphics. Listed below are some of the things we know thus far concerning Ocarina of Time 3D.
1. The game is set to release in June of this year with June 7th being an exact date that has been floating around the internet.
2. One Nintendo of America representative stated that the MasterQuest will be included with the game when it ships this June.
3. The game has updated its graphics and has an adjustable 3D effect that can be turned on.
4. A completely new inventory system, allowing for quick item and equipment changes during gameplay without an elaborate start menu.
5. The in-game dialogue and story that we’ve seen thus far seems to be completely identical to the Nintendo64 counterpart. However, we haven’t seen enough of the game to confirm 100% that it will be a direct remake without any story or dialogue changes. It is worth noting that the dialogue boxes are now of different color and the sign posts within the game seem to have a Wind Waker style of text.
With that, I ask you guys, what are you more excited about? The remake of Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo 3DS, or Skyward Sword for the Nintendo Wii? Be sure to post your comments below. For further discussion, be sure to check out our Ocarina of Time 3D Forum over at our Zelda Forums.
Related: Ocarina of Time Walkthrough