It’s that time of the year again! Tomorrow at 9 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, Nintendo will be presenting their material at the E3 press conference. One year has passed since the announcement of Skyward Sword, and this year we are all hoping to see more exciting information. Zelda Dungeon will be hosting our annual Nintendo Press Conference Live Stream to keep you up to date on everything that’s going on along with a live chat.
Over the past week, I’ve been surfing the web scanning for possible topics that Nintendo may bring to the table this year, and I’ve compiled a list here:
1) Skyward Sword
– This will be the year of Skyward Sword, the game everybody here at Zelda Dungeon has been anticipating. Over the past year, Nintendo has given us a couple teaser trailers along with a quick background of the story. We all had high hopes to hear of a 2011 release for the game, but we were, unfortunately, disappointed. This E3, we are all hoping to be given a definite release date, and not to mention a new trailer and some sneak peaks into the story. In addition to all this, there will be a demo of the game on floor of E3, which will hopefully shed some more light onto the mysteries that still surround Skyward Sword.
2) Ocarina of Time 3D
– With the highly anticipated upcoming release of Ocarina of Time 3D, we hope to see more concerning the game such as a few more sneak peaks and a trailer.
3) Legend of Zelda Anniversary
– It’s getting close to the middle of the year with no new information on how Nintendo plans to celebrate Legend of Zelda’s 25th anniversary. We have been given hints about a possible A Link to the Past remake, which could be the plan Nintendo has in store for us. However, Nintendo may do something totally different. We’ll just have to wait and see, as there are many possibilities at this point.
4) 3DS e-Shop
– With the release of the 3DS’s e-Shop, we, unfortunately, won’t be seeing a release of Link’s Awakening on it. It’s possible that, during the press conference, Nintendo may give us some more information surrounding its release. Alongside Link’s Awakening’s release date, we may see some more information concerning upcoming downloads for the Nintendo 3DS’s e-Shop.
5) Project Cafe
– There have been rumors and speculation about a new Nintendo console codenamed Project Cafe. There have been claims saying Project Cafe will have advanced computing and graphics power that will tower over the Nintendo Wii. Project Cafe will have a new touch screen controller with possible movement capture similar to the Nintendo Wii’s Motion+. There also have been hints pointing towards a 2012 fall release date. Some speculators have even claimed that Nintendo may push Skyward Sword to this console, similar to what they did with Twilight Princess and the Gamecube. With the other large amounts of information that will be displayed tomorrow, we can certainly expect to see some of this information revealed to alleviate our curiosity.
Feel free to post comments or join our E3 Predictions Conversation on the forums. You can find our E3 page by either clicking here or by putting http://zeldadungeon.net/e3 into your address bar. Have fun with Nintendo’s E3 conference; we sure will!