New details for Hyrule Warriors have been practically non-existent since the game was revealed earlier this year, but that all changes today. Famitsu’s latest issue contains a bunch of new information, along with an interview with the folks behind the game. Unfortunately, the internet so far has only gotten its hands on two pages of the feature. However, from those pages we have learned some very interesting details that pertain to the story. Of course, these are all considered minor spoilers, so read on with at your own risk.
What makes translating this even harder is that no bigger version of this scan is available. Still, here is what we have learned so far:
- Premium box will be available for at least 10,000 yen (exact amount unknown)
- Retail release is at least 7,000 yen (exact amount unknown)
- Producers: Hisashi Koinuma, Yosuke Hayashi
- Supervisor: Eiji Aonuma
- Developers: ω-Force / Team NINJA
- Link sets off to rescue Princess Zelda
- Zelda has been kidnapped by the evil witch Shia
- Link, Impa, Shia introduced in the magazine
- Some of Shia’s minions shown as well
- Shia might be under control of a force of dark magic (not clear)
- Locations include Hyrule Field
- Will have unexpected playable characters
Shia is obviously a complete new villain (could see a name change when translated to English, of course), and her minions look totally new to the Zelda series. Impa’s impact isn’t known exactly, but I think the most interesting tidbit is that there will be some unexpected playable characters. Could Impa be one?