We just shared with you the latest scans from this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. Among the four page spread there were several new details regarding the upcoming Hyrule Warriors Legends. A new feature called the “My Fairy System” which allows the player to “raise” a fairy and customize them to better assist you along your journey. Another tidbit discussed in the article is the Great Sea map that has been included in Adventure Mode, along with ten new items featured in the map.
Jump in past the break and get the full details!
Fairies will act as partners while you journey in Adventure Mode. If you can befriended one of them they will appear in “My Fairy”. Fairies are capable of unleashing devastating attacks using their special fairy magic, and in this mode you will also be able to customize special attributes. However, just one can be taken into battle at a time.
When it comes to actually “raising” fairies once they have been befriended, you have the freedom to customize them as you please. You fairies will then be able to level up and gain new special skills. Fairy magic also increases as their levels rise, allowing them to then accompany you on harder missions.
You will come across various foods in Adventure Mode, which can affect certain attributes in your fairies and allow them new skills. As you play you can decide whether to make them balanced in all stats or a specialize in one. Lonlon Milk, Magic Beans, Rock Sirloin, and more are some of the food you will encounter during your journey. It is also possible to find more powerful food when you are playing at a higher difficulty level.
Players can also discover “Fairy Wear”, which will give you the ability to dress your fairies in different clothes. This consists of clothes and accessories that you will recognize has been worn by other characters throughout the Zelda series. Korok Mask, Sheikah Suit, Zora Skirt, and Pirate’s Bandanna are some of the examples mentioned.
Rental skills with a maximum of three slots being allowed, gives your fairies a chance to support you in battle. As you play they will learn new skills by leveling up parameters, but you may also rent skills from other fairies that others have raised. The rented skills only last one day so when faced with a hard mission you might want to borrow powerful skills from friends and ensure you can clear that area in one day.
1. Dining – Raise your Fairy by feeding it various foods
2. Salon – Change your Fairy’s clothing/equipment
3. School – Gain “rental skills” for your Fairy
4. Party – Interact with players via local wireless, this is where you would be allowed to rent skills from friends.
The Great Sea is included as a new map in Adventure Mode. While adventuring through the map if you fulfill certain criteria you will then be able to unlock special character outfits across the Great Sea as well as other goodies.
Ten new items featured in The Great Sea map:
1. Wind Waker – Break down walls of wind to allow passage
2. Salvage Arm – Hoist up buried treasure and other rewards
3. Seachart – Helps you discover new battles
4. Cannon – When used to destroy the enemy forts, it removes unfair rules/handicaps from the very start of the resulting battle
5. Hero’s Bow – When used to remove Cyclones, it will also remove unfair rules/handicaps from the very start of the resulting battle
6. Boomerang – Can defeat the Large Octopus, removing any unfair rules/handicaps from the very start of the resulting battle
7. Hyoi Pear – Allows use of Seagulls to find hidden treasure, useful for gaining great rewards
8. Power Bracelets – Can lift up heavy boulders to clear the way to a new battle
9. Hammer – Can use the hammer on switches to clear the way to a new battle
10. Deku Leaf – Can glide on the wind to hidden areas to discover new rewards
Famitsu also points out that Wii U has a “Network Link” mode. On the 3DS, this takes on the form of “StreetPass Link”. Famitsu also teases a special DLC costume that will be revealed at a later date.
What do you think of the new “Fairy System”? Will you be taking advantage of the benefits of fairies while you play? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below.
Source: Nintendo Everything