More rumors about the upcoming Legend of Zelda title for the Nintendo Wii have been floating around the internet. The latest batch comes from 2ch.net and has been popping up all over the net. If you recall, they posted some other Zelda Wii Rumors back in January of 2010 that caught the online Zelda world’s eye and listed below are the new set of rumors.
1. Link will be replacing the bow and arrow with a crossbow.
2. Game is all but finished. Putting on final touches.
3. There will be a playable demo at E3.
4. Time travel does occur and it happens through the use of a new blade. (not the master sword)
5. Link’s hometown is much bigger than in previous titles.
6. There will be several “Majora’s Mask” esque sidequests.
7. Character interaction will be more involving than in any previous title.
8. The dungeon field dungeon method is changed, and one of the changes confirms a straight dungeon to dungeon portion of the game.
9. The current name of the girl in the picture is Adelle.
10. Combat is extremely fluent and innovative. No previous Wii title can give you a good example of it’s unique style.
11. The game relies heavily on sword combat versus other items.
12. There will be less items, but they will be used more frequently.
13. There will be another main weapon added for an alternative combat style.
14. The game will feature significant portions of flight.
Most of the rumors do seem quite reasonable. I personally thin that given the timetable of its potential release date, the game is near finished and a playable demo will be available at E3 this year. The material concerning the items is quite interesting and I’m not sure what to make of it. The rumors state there will be less items, but they will be more useful, including alternative main weapons for different combat styles. I personally don’t think they will abandon Link’s massive inventory of boomerang, bow and arrow, hookshot, and several other unique items through the game.
We have heard the rumors about time, about flight, and about the crossbow before. I personally do not see another time traveling Zelda title just yet, as I think people will almost immediately make comparisons to Ocarina of Time and I don’t know if that is what the developers wants gamers to do. Flight has been mentioned by Eiji Aonuma, speculated by fans, listed in rumors, and even written about here at Zelda Dungeon. I think flight will play a role but I’m not quite sure if it will be through technological advancement or through magic.
With E3 less than three weeks away, we’ll certainly get a better idea on which of these rumors carry any weight and which are just nonsense. Until then however, we can continue to have fun and speculate for ourselves. Let us know what you think of the latest batch of rumors by posting in the comments below.