The folks over at IGN had a chance to sit down with Shigeru Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma, and others at last weeks E3 convention. They have since put out a Podcast talking about Nintendo’s showing at E3 and in particular, Skyward Sword, Kirby, Nintendo 3DS, Goldeneye, Epic Mickey, and more. You can listen to the podcast over at IGN, but thanks to the folks over at Nintendo Everything, we have a quick summarization of what was said in regards to Skyward Sword.
– Craig talked to Miyamoto/Aonuma, they rehearsed the Zelda portion numerous times, they didn’t take into account cameras/infrared lights
– Controls on the show floor were fine
– Peer not super positive on Zelda yet
– Peer noticed Skyward Sword’s controls weren’t completely accurate
– E3 area won’t be in the final game
– Nintendo wanted to include more puzzles in the Zelda demo
– Craig likes that you need to look at your enemies and figure out how to defeat them
– All we saw was a sandbox of concepts
– It will come out next year
– Nintendo showed a lot of items
– Beetle is cool, Craig says it’s like Avatar on Wii, which uses MotionPlus to control a bug and fly around
– No doubt Zelda will come out really well, but as a E3 demo and “wowing” you, it was kind of flat
It’s interesting to note that Peer, Senior Vice President of Content Publishing at IGN, found that the controls weren’t completely accurate. This seems contrary to most hands on impressions that we did get from the E3 show floor. It’s also worth noting that the area included in the Skyward Sword Demo was just that, a demo. It was made specifically for E3 and will not make an appearance in the final game.
IGN has a release date of Skyward Sword as TBA 2011, at which time here at Zelda Dungeon we will be providing a complete Skyward Sword Walkthrough. However, you can take part in the hype by checking out our Skyward Sword Forum to see other fan opinions of the game.