• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZombiU, the Killer App for Your New WiiU.

zombiu1.jpg

Normally, I don't trust reviews of video games. Someone could tell me a game sucks and it's usually something that I end up buying and enjoying the hell out of. I remember back in my first year of University one of my friends told me Fallout 3 sucks, so I went out and bought the Game of the Year edition for my PS3 and ended up enjoying it for a couple months.
So I picked up my WiiU Sunday night since I had a few articles to proofread at work. I decided to pick up a couple games, one of them being ZombiU and the two others being Mario and Scribblenauts.
So far I didn't really enjoy NSMBU as much as I thought it would. Sure it's fun to pick up and play but after awhile I got a little bored and felt like I was playing one of the other NSMB games.

I didn't get much time with Scribblenauts either, didn't know very much about what it was supposed to be either. So after toying around with Miiverse I decided to throw in ZombiU. I read a lot of horrible things about it on some 'trusted' game review sites that my friends read and felt a little nervous at first, the console is still young and I didn't want to neglect it two days in already.
So, day four of having my WiiU. ZombiU is spectacular, it's like Demon Souls with zombies pretty much. The difficulty level is up there and the immersion with the WiiU Gamepad is extraordinary! Remember that feeling you got when you played Metroid Prime 3 (assuming you have) and you felt like Samus? Retro totally made you feel like you were doing all that ****. It's the same thing Ubisoft did with ZombiU.
If you love zombies or zombie video games then this is the ultimate, this game is everything Dead Island wanted to be but couldn't.

Reviews are never something you should trust implicitly, unless you manage to find a reviewer who you're certain thinks like you do; people can try to be objective, but reviews are still opinions. Finding good reviewers is about finding ones who give enough details as to why they think it's bad or good that you're able to determine whether you agree with them or not.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that someone thinks the game is good, because it's always looked like a solid game to me (and I wanted it to be good) despite what the reviews say. I didn't think Metroid Prime 3 was a great game, but none of my problems with it had to do with the controls, so that's a good reference. Looking forward to the game. Thanks for posting this!

What kind of game modes does it have? Is its mode where you try to survive (and if you get bit, you respawn and have to locate your previous guy's zombie and reclaim your gear) the only way to play? Does it have any particular objective or end goal?

What kind of game modes does it have? Is its mode where you try to survive (and if you get bit, you respawn and have to locate your previous guy's zombie and reclaim your gear) the only way to play? Does it have any particular objective or end goal?
Well when you boot it up it offers you two modes, one is normal where you can use as many survivors as you want and then there's survival mode. Survival mode is the hardest because you have to keep one survivor alive and if not its game over. You get scored for how long you survive.
There is also an intriguing storyline attached to it so you have a lot of goals and objectives once you start. I haven't tried multiplayer yet but I have heard its more of a competitive thing, which is good because I feel more nervous playing a single player campaign than a co-op one.

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
See the beauty of Miiverse is you get the opinion of people who have actually played it. From what I've been reading on there it seems like a pretty fun game. I love the concept, I'm not too much into zombies though so I'm not gonna get it but wouldn't mind trying it. It also looks like many people are dying almost too often lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom