• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U Release Date Speculation Thread.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Hi there my lovely guys & gals. It's time to have some fun! :party:

What I had in mind is that we play a little game, When do you think that Zelda Wii U will be released?
Very common type of thread on gaming forums about games that haven't released yet.

Would be nice if you could give me a date or a month with a reason why you chose it. It can be a flat out guess or hope while at the same time (if you want to) you can do some research and give me an educated guess. :yes:

I'll start; I think that Zelda Wii U (or whatever it's called then) will release in the month of November the year 2014.

Reason: Wii U is still a new console and 3D Zelda titles have had a pretty big time period between releases. So I don't think we'll be seeing a new Zelda title on the console for quite some time, Possibly a few re-makes or ports of old games
like the Wii did but nothing new until 2014. 3 years should be a decent amount of time for them to get finished with the game, Reason I picked November is because over the years November has just been a month filled with new game releases. Going to be a Tuesday most likely to because it's a very popular day for game releases.

Feel free to criticize my reason, I really don't have that much knowledge about these kinds of things and I'm sure somebody else has a better/more accurate guess of a release date.
Will be fun to see who was spot on and who was completely wrong when it gets announced. :xd:

Will there be a prize to the person who get's the exact or nearest release date? Nah just kidding. :P

Anyway, I think Zelda Wii U will be released in 2015, maybe some where towards the end of the year around November/December. I think it will be a bit too soon to be released in 2014 considering it is a major Zelda release. there will definitely be some Zelda games old and new between then, but in terms of Zelda Wii U... It's gonna be a long journey.

Scoby

France
I hope for tomorrow! hihi
But deep down i know that nintendo not release this game until very late like 2015 because they want to make perfect game. :)

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I'm thinking Nov. 2014. Not only what you said, but also because it's right before the Christmas season. Nintendo'd get more sales if they release it around then.

bunny

birb overlord
I'm guessing either Nov. 2014, or maybe mid-summer of 2015. I know Nintendo said they were aiming for 3-4 years of development this time, but, yeah. There's no real specific way of telling.

In line with most of Nintendo's console Zelda release dates I predict Zelda Wii U will hit stores the last Sunday in November prior to Thanksgiving in the United States in either 2014 or 2015 considering the release of Skyward Sword just last year. The release dates for all major regions shouldn't be far apart. The holiday season is the most lucrative time for a hit product to hit the market and I personally don't see Nintendo bucking the trend.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nintendo said they're aiming at 3-4 years for development time, but I doubt those figures just because I can. So, say Wii U started development around the time SS released last year; November 20th, 2011. Give it three years for 2014 roughly, or four for 2015. I'd push it back just one more year to work out the kinks, and solidify a 2016 date; around this time would likely be the release of Final Fantasy Versus XIII. ;)

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Nintendo said they're aiming at 3-4 years for development time, but I doubt those figures just because I can. So, say Wii U started development around the time SS released last year; November 20th, 2011. Give it three years for 2014 roughly, or four for 2015. I'd push it back just one more year to work out the kinks, and solidify a 2016 date; around this time would likely be the release of Final Fantasy Versus XIII. ;)

I guess they could delay it that much, But it would be smart of them to have a 3DS title and some ports on the Wii U squeezed in under those 4-5 years. It would be a shame with 5 years without any new Zelda :(

vengenz

Sheikah Warrior

Completely agree.
I too anticipate FF Versus XIII <3
They should throw in a small, 3DS game or so in between, but for the next Zelda game they
should take as long as they need, but it has to be like perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom